Try this grilled ribeye with onion and blue cheese sauce. It's SO delicious and so easy to make. Your family will think you've gone gourmet!
Grilled Ribeye with Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce
I hadn't planned on posting this recipe at all (hence the pitiful pictures. . .) but it was so stinkin' good that I thought you might enjoy a splurge too!
A few years ago, my hubby called me hoping I'd bring home some good meat to grill, so when I noticed the Ribeye Steaks on sale for $7.99 per lb. (regularly $12.99 per lb.), I decided they were worth the splurge. And oh my goodness . . . they were.
He found this recipe over on the Pioneer Woman, and it was better-than-a-steakhouse-restaurant good.
We cooked the steaks on the grill instead of on the stovetop, but other than that we followed her directions pretty closely. After making it, we decided that next time we'll add mushrooms maybe as well to the onion sauce . . . yummmm (seriously, this is some heaven-sent goodness!)
While it's not an incredibly penny pinched meal, you can find most of the items on sale this time of year – so here you go!
Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion Blue Cheese Sauce
- 2 Ribeye Steaks
- 6 Tbsp Butter (Divided to 2 Tbsp and 4 Tbsp)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Large Yellow Onion Very Large, Sliced
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Blue Cheese, Crumbled
- Salt and pepper your steaks. Cook on grill for 3 - 5 minutes on each side
- Saute onions in 4 Tbsp of butter over high heat.
- Cook 5 - 7 minutes, until onions are dark and have started to carmelize
- Reduce heat to simmer and add in cream
- Cook an additional 3 - 6 minutes (until you've got about half of the cream mixture left)
- Stir in blue cheese until melted
- Serve steaks on top of sauce
Looking for some other End of Summer Treats? Here are a few to get you started . . .
Need a little more menu inspiration? Go HERE.
STUDENT ACADEMIC PLANNER!
Download your FREE sample now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.