Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Sorry for the sloppy photo . . . with three kids and a hungry hubby, you can bet it was all I could do to snap a quick shot before my family devoured that pie! 😉
My family could live on ice cream. Heck, if I was given the option, I'd probably live on ice cream and hot fudge myself. (My husband teases me that when I get to heaven I'll request a never-ending stream of non-caloric hot fudge ~ ummmm . . . he might just be right about that.)
So, this weekend I decided to play around with some ice cream sundae pie, and oh my heavens, we figured it out alright. My girls helped (hence the need to “hammer” the M&Ms in picture #5 below), and everyone fought over the end result. . . .yum! I will warn you that it was a kind of sticky process, but completely worth the end result. 😉
Here's what you'll need for a summer splurge at your house too:
Ice Cream Sundae Pie
- prepared chocolate graham cracker crust
- hot fudge sauce
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- M&Ms or your favorite candy chopped up
- 1 small container Cool Whip
- 1/2 gallon ice cream your favorite ~ we used chocolate chip
- chocolate syrup just to make it look pretty 😉
- Cover bottom of graham cracker pie crust with hot fudge sauce. (You may need to warm it a bit to help it pour ~ we used about 3/4 cup.)
- Layer one layer of ice cream ~ if possible just slice pieces of ice cream using a knife from the gallon.
- Drizzle caramel topping over ice cream, then add one layer chopped candy.
- Add another layer of ice cream.
- Cover with one more layer of fudge sauce (about 1/2 cup this time)
- Cover completely with Cool Whip, freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and serve ~ yum!
These are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 7/24/13):
- or Mayfield Ice Cream BOGO $2.38 at Publix
- Breyer's Ice Cream $2.99 at Kroger
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.