As lots of folks know, Facebook has become pretty important to companies who want your business (as well as some free advertising!) There are tons of coupons out there that are only available by “liking” a product on Facebook, but Facebook really isn't for everyone. (I understand!)
I struggle a lot with how much time I personally spend on Facebook, because there are so many things I'd rather do in my day. As a blogger, I'm a little stuck and definitely love the power of Facebook marketing, but Facebook can be an enormous time-sucker. If you'd like to get deals from Facebook but don't want to get sucked in, here's how to create a Facebook account and maintain your privacy on Facebook:
- First, you'll want to create a “coupon” email account. This will help you to streamline all those coupon deals and you can use it for all coupon signups, including your facebook profile! (I use gmail and love it, so that's the one I'd recommend.)
- Then, visit the Facebook.com site.
- Sign up for an account. Use the coupon email to sign in that you just created (I would recommend choosing a pretend name and not giving out your real first and last name – i.e. Penny Pincher)
- Once you've signed up, it will ask to find friends on Facebook. Click “Skip this step” at the bottom of the page.
- Then it will ask you to fill out your profile info. Again, click “Skip.”
- Next it will want you to set your profile picture. Click “skip” one more time.
- Then check your coupon email inbox for a link that showing how to complete the sign up process and click on link to sign up.
- Facebook would love for you to find friends and get involved, and if you want to that's fine. (But I'll warn you, the temptation to stay away from it can be awfully hard!) If you don't put in any personal information, you'll still be able to access the offers, but won't be seen on Facebook.
CHRISTMAS MADE EASY!
Download your FREE Ultimate Christmas Checklist now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.