I felt a little guilty not posting a single non-sugar recipe this week, so here's a quick dip to take with you if you're heading out to a Christmas gathering over the next few days! My friend Paige brought it to this year's Greenery party, and it was fantastic. And . . . it's easy . . . and pretty cheap with this week's sales at Publix . . . thereby fitting all my perfect Christmas appetizer criteria!
I'd love to hear if you try this one out, I promise you'll love it!
Hot Bacon Dip
- 1 16oz. package sour cream Breakstone’s Sour Cream On Sale $1, $0.55/1 Breakstone’s Sour Cream 11/14/2010 SS Insert (exp 1/2/2011), $0.55/1 Breakstone’s Sour Cream (IE) Printable (FF)
- 1 3oz jar Hormel Real Bacon Bits $0.55/2 Hormel Bacon Toppings
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese Publix brand on sale $2 or Sargento Cheese 2/$5, use Free Eggs when you buy 2 Sargento Cheese from All the Trimmings Publix booklet, and watch out for a $.35/1 Peelie
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened Kraft Philadeliphia Cream Cheese, Original, Fat Free or 1/3 Less Fat, 8 ounce box, 4/$5, $1/2 Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese coupon states retailer coupon but coded as a manufacturer coupon, stack with .50/2 Target Printable
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Place in 2 qt casserole dish; cover.
- Bake dip 25 to 30 min or until hot & bubbly.
- Serve with assorted veggies, crackers or chips.
Visit I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.