Yup. me too.
Making that bed though was quite near the death of me, so I finally gave in and decided it was well worth the money to start fresh.
(Y'all, getting that bed made up with clean sheets was an Olympic sized feat ~ so much so that I had to muster up everything in me to keep any potty-words from coming out.)
(It was ridiculous.)
So a few months ago we bought Caroline a set of full mattresses (hoping she would occasionally let her sister snuggle up at night), and found a headboard similar to this one online. (I can't remember exactly where we purchased it, but I wished I'd realized it was really meant for a queen size bed not full/queen. The board is a little wider than the bed, but it'll do!)
Her dresser was the one I had growing up that we re-painted several years ago, and for now we brought up these garage sale nightstands from the guest bedroom. (Honestly, we don't have guests all that often so it makes more sense for her to use them!)
Then I remembered this frame I'd found on clearance for $3 years ago (we'd actually moved it with us), and realized for just a few dollars we could update it to match perfectly.
We found fabric at Hobby Lobby along with a large piece of cork board . . .
cut the cork board to fit the frame (clearly Caroline and I aren't expert cutters, but my sweet hubby came home and tidied things up a bit to make it work)
I stapled the fabric onto the board . . .
Caroline spray painted the old frame . . .
And for about $8 the bulletin board was done!
I found the flowers, lamp, and dishes at Hobby Lobby as well (all on sale for 50% off this week . . . )
As well as the signs to hang above her bed. (We're actually waiting on one more anchor to go on the left side ~ our store was out but we had one shipped and it's on its way!)
(She was in love with the anchor idea – I'm not totally sold on that anchor pillow but for now it works!)
I'd still like to find some inexpensive curtains and shades for those lamps (those lamps have been re-painted about 16 times, but I think with a new shade they'll do?)
(Not that it matters too much – but Caroline isn't allowed with a computer by herself in her room – however I was in there with her taking these pictures while she was watching the Olympics, and she used the computer to hide!) 🙂
And we may repaint those nightstands one day in a brighter color but for now they're just fine.
We haven't spent a bundle on the room, but it is so much better and should fit her through college. (I love that!)
If you have a room that's needed some fluffing, a trip to Hobby Lobby might just get you all set up too. 🙂
More rooms we've updated in our home . . .
- $3 Front Door Makeover
- Mudroom Makeover (More Than A Makeover)
- Our Bedroom Makeover: And Why Our House May Always Be a Little Hodge-Podgey
- Our Small Dining Room Update (After 20 Years . . . )
- Foyer Lighting Updates (And 3 Options When You Think You’ve Messed It Up.)
- Office Update (I love this one!)
- Outdoor Living Space (and How We Saved $10K by Doing it Ourselves)
- Guest Bedroom Makeover
- Update for a Plain Alcove
- Kitchen: Metal Pendant Shade Update
- Powder Room Update: Wallpaper, Trim Work & Woodwork
- Free Command Center
- Dining Room: Goodwill Lamp Makeover
- Dining Room: Monogrammed Burlap Table Runner
- Dining Room: Painted Piano
- Master Bathroom: Goodwill Frame Upcycle
- Family Room: Goodwill Chair Makeover
- Basement: $70 Storage Bin Shelving
- Girls Bathroom Update: Mod Podge Monograms
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.