So, this was my first attempt at a Mediterranean recipe (following the craziness we had two weeks ago ~ read more HERE.) I absolutely loved it, my kids didn't love it so they stuck with pasta and grilled chicken, and my husband survived it but said it wasn't all that bad.
Not gonna lie ~ he'd choose Paula Deen's fried chicken over Mediterranean Greek chicken any day.
I thought it was fantastic though, so I'm sharing it. 🙂 It does have a lot of ingredients and isn't the most penny pinched meal, but if you're looking for a healthy option on the Mediterranean Diet, this one's fantastic!
Honestly the more I'm looking at recipes to try I think we'll be sticking more and more to just whole foods eating (more fish, whole chicken, whole veggies, whole fruits ~ fewer carbs, and nothing processed), but I'm going to keep watching for Mediterranean recipes that look great along the way. I'm pretty convinced whole foods are the way to go (especially after following the 21 Day Fix for a few months), but always love trying new recipes out.
Greek Chicken Pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat – cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lemons, wedged, for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions (boil for about 8-10 mins) and drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute for about 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear (about 5 to 6 mins).
- Reduce heat to medium-low ~ add artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano, and cooked pasta. Cook and stir until heated through (about 2 to 3 minutes). Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with lemon wedges (optional) and enjoy!
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Bruschetta Chicken
- 21 Day Fix Chicken
- 21 Day Fix Approved Black Bean Chili
- 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 6 Can Chicken Tortilla Soup
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.