The fall season of TLC's Extreme Couponing show kicks off tonight. If you'd like to chat with myself and a few fellow Penny Pinchers, join us at 9:00 PM Central Time on the Passionate Penny Pincher Facebook page to share your thoughts!
For the record, I think the show is intriguing to watch, but can be overwhelming to most average couponers. While I have had a moment or two of extreme couponing, saving consistently over the long haul is the way to go! Really, you don't have to be all that extreme to still pinch some serious pennies. 🙂
New to couponing and not sure where to start? Here are a few tips . . .
- Before clipping a single coupon, first determine your family’s grocery budget.
- If you’re totally new to couponing, start at the beginning.
- Identify top prices on specific groceries before you go to the grocery store.
- You can make huge changes in your families grocery budget just by choosing to shop differently.
- Many items that you purchase can be frozen to lengthen their shelf life.
- Your grocery shopping experience will be so much more enjoyable when you have a happy cashier.
- Check out all the current deals this week at Publix, Kroger, and the drug stores.
- And if you don’t have a coupon to your name (bless your heart!), you can start by printing a few over at Coupons.com, Red Plum and Smart Source.
THE ULTIMATE PRICE COMPARISON SHEET
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.