Have you ever had one of those days???? Or maybe even one of those weeks? Well this is my week! My hubby left our camera four hours away over Christmas (gotta love the picture of pretty enchiladas taken from a cell phone), and I just got a phone call that AT&T is coming to change my internet service (a good thing!) and that we will have no internet service all day (not a good thing!!!) So, I'm going to post a few things this morning as fast as my little fingers can type, and hopefully things will be all fixed up tonight 🙂
Now that I've finished up whining for the morning, here's a recipe for some easy chicken enchiladas. If you're like me and are still trying to use up a little stockpiled cream cheese, you'll love this recipe! My husband loved it, and while it isn't the prettiest dish ever, it is easy and good, so here you go!
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 cup salsa Pace Chunky Salsa BOGO $2.79, use $0.50/2 or $0.60/2 Pace Salsa or Queso 12/5/2010 SS Insert (exp 1/30/2011), stack with $.50/1 Target Store Coupon
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese Publix Shredded Cheese $2
- 10 6 inch flour tortillas Tam-X-ico’s Tortillas will be BOGO in the new Publix ad starting 12/31/10 as well as Old El Paso Kits
- 2 cups cooked chicken Stockpiled frozen chicken breast or Publix Whole Chicken $1.19/lb., use this slow cooker recipe to cook
- 15 1/2 oz. can pinto beans
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa or green chile salsa Pace Chunky Salsa BOGO $2.79, use $0.50/2 or $0.60/2 Pace Salsa or Queso 12/5/2010 SS Insert (exp 1/30/2011), stack with $.50/1 Target Store Coupon
- Combine salsa and cream cheese in pan on stove top. Cook over medium heat until melted, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken and pinto beans, stir well.
- Spoon chicken mixture into tortilla shells.
- Wrap tightly and place in 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix together sour cream and 1 tablespoon salsa, spoon on top of tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350, or until heated through.
Garnish with sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and enjoy!
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.