There's no need to break the bank when it comes to building the kids' Easter baskets – especially if they're younger. (Also check out my post 10 Amazon Easter Basket Fillers!)
I went into Dollar Tree last week and OH MY WORD – they have so many cute ideas for filling your kids' Easter baskets! From crafty items like beads and twine, to classic popular toys like noise putty and play dough….
I love that you can make the kids' baskets look really nice – while only spending $5. Here's what I bought to make two baskets to donate (one for a girl and one for a boy)…
Dollar Tree Easter Baskets Under $5
My $8 Worth of Dollar Tree Items:
- Jump Rope
- Bug Catcher Set
- ShopKins Jumbo Playing Cards
- Hot Wheels Jumbo Playing Cards
- Bubbles 3-Pk
- Sidewalk Chalk Eggs 6pk
- (2) Tootsie Roll Banks
- Each basket gets a couple fun outside toys – Jump Rope and bubbles for a girl, bug catcher and bubbles for a boy.
- And each basket gets a quiet time toy – jumbo playing cards.
- Each basket gets an artistic item – I divided up the eggs and put three in each basket.
- And each basket gets something sweet – those Tootsie Roll banks are so fun!
If you wanted to spend just a couple extra dollars, you could also get some extra candy to put in plastic eggs and place around the basket. Mighty Malts and Sixlets will fill a lot of eggs!
I picked up these cute baskets at the Dollar Tree – as well as the eggs and grass – but only because they're getting donated. If you already have all that on hand, you can easily spend just $5 per child for a fun Easter morning surprise!
You might also like these posts!
SIDES MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.