Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
I think I have found the perfect chocolate cake. And the perfect chocolate frosting. (I will never make chocolate frosting another way again. This was perfect!)
Since the New Year's right around the corner I'm just about finished posting delicious treats (2015 resolutions, you know!), but here's one last yummy to satisfy that sweet tooth.
And by the way, I never (ever?) buy buttermilk. Just pour 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar into a measuring cup and add enough milk to make 1/2 cup, then let it sit on the counter for ten minutes to sour the milk.
You're welcome. 😉
Here's the recipe for you to enjoy too ~ Happy New Year's!!!!
Coca Cola Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup coca cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 tsp vinegar along with enough milk to make one cup – then let sit for ten minutes to sour the milk)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp coca cola
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Mix together flour and sugar in large mixing bowl.
- In microwave, heat butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, and 1 cup coca cola until boiling (it took mine 3-4 minutes to boil.)
- Pour butter mixture over flour and sugar and mix well.
- Immediately add in marshmallows and give the bowl a quick stir to help them melt quickly. Then add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla.
- Mix well with a spoon by hand, and pour into greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix 1/2 cup butter, 2 tablespoons cocoa and 6 tablespoons coca cola in microwave safe bowl.
- Heat to boiling, then pour over 4 cups powdered sugar.
- When cake is done, wait a few minutes and frost with chocolate frosting while still warm.
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.