I don't know about your family, but my family inhales Fettucine Alfredo at just about any Italian restaurant we visit. Since, I don't like using the pre-made jars of Alfredo sauce, I knew there had to be a yummy way to make it at home too, but it's been awhile since I tried it.
This Chicken Fettucine Alfredo was delicious, however it makes a TON of sauce (seriously . . . a LOT), so if you have a smaller family definitely halve the ingredients. (Or do what I did and make the whole recipe and freeze the extras . . . that way you'll have dinner ready to go the next time your craving Italian!)
With all the great deals on chicken this week, you can bet we'll be eating a bunch of chicken recipes this week. (Meat prices have been so high lately!) Serve it up with some homemade bread and a side salad, and you've got dinner tonight. Yum!
Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 lb. fettuccini pasta
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 oz. package sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Mix together chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 cloves mixed garlic and Italian seasoning in skillet on stovetop.
- Cook over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil, and cook according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, melt 4 tablespoons butter in skillet.
- Cook onion, garlic and mushrooms until onions are clear.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper, cook for an additional 2 minutes on low.
- Slowly add half and half and milk, stirring constantly until smooth and warmed through.
- Stir in Parmesan and Colby Monterey Cheese and stir constantly until cheese is melted.
- Cook an additional 1-2 minutes to let sauce thicken (sauce will thicken more upon standing.)
- Stir back in chicken mixture and sour cream, and cook over low-medium heat until warmed through.
- Serve over fettucine. Enjoy!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.