Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
I've been looking for a healthier stir fry option, and this recipe was delicious! This summer I have so struggled with taking time to make a menu plan each week, but when I noticed pre-cut stir fry veggies marked down to $1.49, I couldn't pass them by.
We used low sodium soy sauce along with a few other ingredients we had in the pantry, and this turned out perfectly.
If you need a yummy alternative to takeout when you don't have much time to prep, this one's for you! 🙂
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- stir fry veggies – we used carrots, broccoli and snap peas
- Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, and corn starch in a small bowl and set aside. Add the ginger, garlic, and red pepper into the sauce. Marinate the chicken in the sauce and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in your skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir carrots, broccoli, and snap peas just until tender (about 5 minutes). Remove vegetables from skillet and keep warm.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving liquid. Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until slightly pink on the inside (about 2 minutes per side); add in the vegetables and reserved marinade. Bring to this all to a boil; cook and stir until chicken is done and vegetables are tender (about 5 to 7 minutes). Serve over rice (optional).
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
Try these favorite recipes:
- 21 Day Fix Chicken
- Bruschetta Chicken
- 21 Day Fix Approved Black Bean Chili
- 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 6 Can Chicken Tortilla Soup
Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.