It's been forever since I've made these Blueberry Muffins, but when I saw that Publix had blueberries on sale this week I knew it was time to add them to the menu plan! They're absolutely delicious, and taste a wee bit more like a scone than a muffin, which suits our family just fine. If you really love blueberries, you'll also want to try out this Blueberry Cobbler Recipe . . . yummmm!
Here's how to stir up some fresh homemade muffins in your kitchen this week . . .
Blueberry Scone Muffins
- 2 cups fresh blueberries On Sale $2.99 at Publix in new ad starting tomorrow or $3.68 at Kroger this week; also check the prices at Aldi's!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar Use $0.75/1 Dixie Crystals Granulated Sugar printable, $0.50/1 Imperial Granulated Sugar printable, $0.50/1 Imperial Granulated Sugar printable
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder Use $0.30/1 Argo Baking Powder printable
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 and line muffin cups or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine 3 cups flour, 1 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Put 2/3 cup oil in measuring container, add egg and enough milk to fill to 2 cups.
- Add to dry ingredients, gently stir in blueberries.
- Divide batter into 24 muffin cups.
For Crumb Topping
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Use pastry cutter (or two forks) to mix.
- Sprinkle on top of unbaked muffins.
- Bake at 400 for 20 – 25 minutes (mine took exactly 20), enjoy!
CHRISTMAS MADE EASY!
Download your FREE Ultimate Christmas Checklist now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.