These are simply the best chocolate chip cookies ever. In fact, they may just bethe best cookies ever! Lately I've stocked up on those quick, simple, (ummm, cheap. . . ) ready-to-bake Nestle cookies, and it's been forever sinced I've made these. Every time I make those easy ones, my poor boy 🙂 asks when I'm going to make some of “my real” cookies (I haven't told him yet that I'm lazy. . .and cheap!) Well, since Publix finally put the chocolate chips on sale (as well as many of their baking staples) you know we'll be baking up quite a few batches at our house!
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups flour White Lily Flour 5 lb bag On Sale $1.49
- 1 teaspoon baking soda $0.50/2 Arm & Hammer Baking Soda Product
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar $0.50/2 Domino Sugar Products 8/29/2010 or 10/17/2010 RP Insert (exp 11/30/2010), $0.30/1 Domino Sugar Product, $0.75/1 Imperial Sugar Product
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I use light brown sugar) Publix Sugar Light Brown 16 oz bag, 0.99
- 1 cup shortening (If you want good cookies, real shortening is absolutely necessary, I've tried substituting with butter and margarine and it NEVER works. . . which would be why these are the best cookies EVER. . .) $0.55/1 Crisco Product , $1/2 Crisco Products 11/7/2010 RP Insert (exp 1/31/2011)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teapoon vanilla
- 12 oz. chocolate chips Nestle Toll House Morsels BOGO $2.93 $1/2 Nestle Toll House Morsels or 0.50/2 Nestle Toll House Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream shortening and sugars together until well blended.
- Add eggs & vanilla, mix well. In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda & salt. Mix with spoon, then add to shortening mixture and mix until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Bake in 375 oven for 7-9 minutes (I think the original recipe called for 8-10 minutes, but I bake a little closer to 7-8 because I like moist gooey cookies, you may want to cook them a little longer if you like them crispier!)
- When you pull them out of the oven lightly tap the pan on your counter top to “settle” your cookies. Let cool on wire rack (if you can stand to wait . . .) and enjoy!
Now, if you really want to make your family love you (I know they already do . . .) add some BOGO Hershey's Syrup, Reddi -Whip for $1 (use $.50/1 coupon HERE), Blue Bell Ice Cream (use $1/1 coupon HERE), and mix up a little Chocolate Chipper Sundae! Publix is going to make us pudgy this week . . .
Looking for a few more recipes to try out with those BOGO Nestle Chips? Check out a few of my favorites . . . Butterscotch Bites, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins , or Pecan Chocolate Chip Pie . . . YUMMMM!
Thanks to I Heart Publix and Two Thrifty Sistersfor the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, visit the Recipe Index! Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.