Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Here's an easy recipe if your family loves Mexican like mine does! This is what you'll need . . .
First, sauté the garlic, onions and pepper in a greased skillet over medium heat.
Then add in your turkey and spices until completely cooked. Drain any excess fat from the pan and add in the tomato sauce and let simmer so all the flavors come together.
Next, spoon the turkey mixture onto your tortilla, add some cheese and roll it up.
Then start by folding in the sides and then roll away, place them seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
Spray them quickly with cooking spray or olive oil (to make the crisp up) and pop them in a 400 degree oven for about 20 mins.
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup red pepper, chopped
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray a pan with cooking spray (or use some olive oil) and add in the garlic, onions and peppers.
- Add the turkey or ground beef, chili powder, oregano, and cumin
- Break up the turkey or ground beef until browned and drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, bringing to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the flavors are blended and the mixture thickens.
- Spoon the meat mixture onto each tortilla and top with the cheddar cheese.
- Fold in the sides and then roll to enclose the filling.
- Place the chimichangas seam-side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the tops of the tortillas with nonstick spray or olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden , about 20 minutes and enjoy!