FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
I'm so thankful to have some very sweet bloggers sharing recipes and guest posts here with you over the next days! This is a guest post by Lydia at Five4Five Meals, and a treat I can't wait to try. Enjoy!
I love apples. I love pretty much everything about them. I love their color, the way they smell, and the way they look so pretty in the bowl. I love the crunch and the juice and the variety. I could go on and on, but I won’t.
Recently I bought a big bunch of Pink Lady Apples that were on sale at my local Publix. The sweet/tart combination was like heaven.
As much as I love just biting into a crisp apple, I love baking with them even more. I wanted to try a new recipe. What about an open face pie? Yes, please.
The buttery piecrust and the sweet yet tart apples with a little brown sugar are just pure heaven.
Apple Pie Crisp Crumble
- Pastry pie crust from the cooler section or a homemade pie crust rolled flat
- 2 tbsp butter for the crust melted
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 3 TBS flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 apples peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Optional: Caramel sauce to drizzle
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Roll your piecrust flat onto a baking sheet or pizza pan. Brush with a little butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine your flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add in your apples and toss.
- Place the apples on the piecrust, making sure the apples don’t overlap too much.
- In your same bowl you just used combine your flour, brown sugar, oats, and melted butter. Mix well. The butter shouldn’t saturate the other ingredients, just get it wet enough to work with.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apples, distrusting evenly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 350. Drizzle with caramel sauce if you really want to. And believe me, you will really want to.
Lydia Senn of Five4Five Meals is a former stressed-out newspaper reporter turned freelance writer, wife and mama who blogs about home cooking on a budget. She loves to create interesting recipes for her little family and when she isn't blogging, or chasing a toddler she can be found at her local library. You can find all of her recipes here, including these Polka Dot Blondies and Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes. Yum!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Leave a Reply