FREE HOME PLANNING
Amazon Prime Day 2017 Deals Preview (+ Laurie's 7 Tips)
Okie dokie folks – tomorrow is the big day over at Amazon!!
So what sorts of Prime Day 2017 deals can we expect?
Here's what I've heard to watch for starting at 9PM Eastern Time tonight (don't worry, I'll be here keeping you up to date all day long!)
Home, Food Household
- HUGE savings on Subscribe & Save Items – think Huggies, Pampers, Cottonelle, Lysol, Expo Markers, Mrs. Meyers Elmer's Granola Bars, etc.
(note, there are already some CRAZY deals on these today ~ CLIF Bars are their lowest price everCLIF Bars are their lowest price ever ~ so are Hefty Plastic Cups, Finish Dishwasher Tabs, PopChips, Babyganics Hand Sanitizer and Lysol Wipes)
2. 40% off Radio Flyer, Crayola, Knex
3. 30% off Under Armour Training Gear
5. 50% off Amazon Grocery Items
6. Kitchen Gadgets (last year the big one was the Instant Pot for $79.99 & my friend Andrea told me my favorite measuring spoons will be dropping to their lowest price ever too!)
12. 40% off Audible Membership ($8.95 for first 6 months)40% off Audible Membership ($8.95 for first 6 months)
More items to watch for . . .
Up to 50% off Video Games, Consoles, & Tvs
Up to 50% off PC Game Laptops, Desktops & Accessories
4o-50% off clothing & handbags
70% off Samsonite Luggage (wow!)
40% off furniture, mattreses & rugs
$100 off Bissell Multi Reach Cordless Stick Vacuum
Laptops (for back to school!)
Amazon Basics line of grocery, baby and household products
Here are a few tips you need to remember before you shop:
1 . Be Savvy
I'd hate for anyone to go busting their budget just for the thrill of jumping into the Prime Day frenzy – so just a teensy reminder to be smart! Keep in mind as you go into Prime Day that some of these deals aren't all that great, some of them you don't need (even if they are sort of great), and lots of them will come back around on Black Friday.
2 . Sign up for Amazon Prime.
You have to be a Prime member to take part in this whopper of a sale! The good news is you can sign up for a FREE 30-Day Trial, and enjoy that Free 2-Day shipping for the whole next month 🙂
3 . Types of Deals
You can get updates on limited-time lightning deals you're interseted in by signing up for the Amazon app.
4 . Prep for Lightning Deals
- Go HERE and bookmark this page for Lightning Deals
- Click on “UPCOMING DEALS” in the middle of the page to see what times things are coming that you don’t want to miss.
- If there’s something you want, refresh the page several times just before the item goes live.
- On that page, you can sort by housewares, grocery, clothing, personal care and lots more. It’s worth looking around and seeing if any items you’ve been planning to purchase over the next few weeks happy to be on sale today.
And hey – let me help you keep up!
You definitely don't need to try and keep up with everything yourself – not when I'll already be sitting here working on it for you! 😉 Check back here, sign up for free email updates, or visit the PPP Facebook Page for our favorite deals – we'll be posting just the best of the best all day long!
5 . Voice-Shopping Will Save You $$
If you have an Amazon Echo, use Alexa to score some extra deals and discounts. Just use the voice activated feature to order and you'll save $10 off a $20 purchase during Prime Day. *And ask Alexa if there are any early or extra deals for Echo-owners, I've heard there are some!
6 . Prime-Now Customers Can Save $20 More
Those lucky enough to be in the PrimeNow enabled areas, where 1-Day shipping is making its debut, can save $10 off their first PrimeNow purchase with code 10PRIMEDAY. (Through July 11th only) Even better, Amazon may send out another $10 code to those folks for use later this month.
7 . Keep One Eye On Walmart.com
This may seem like a weird tip for Amazon Prime Day – but I think it's a smart one! Walmart.com is poised to compete with Amazon in a big way this year. They're offering up FREE Shipping this week on ANY order and good gravy do they have a lot of big new rollbacks in anticipation of Amazon's sale!
What will you be watching out for on Amazon Prime Day? Any tips you learned from last year? I'd love to hear your thoughts – leave a comment to share!
Find more Amazon Prime Day Deals over HERE.
See more Amazon Deals, and remember when you subscribe and save to 5 or more items in one month, you’ll also save an additional 15% on all of your subscribe and save purchases.
Remember that pricing on Amazon is subject to change at any time.
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy to learn more.
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.