I'm joining Money Saving Mom's 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge, and today spent more time than I wanted in the bathroom! I didn't think this one would be much of a chore since I cleaned them before the weekend, however when I opened the shower door in our bathroom, I realized I had a little more work ahead of me than I bargained for. (Do you ever have something filthy in your home but somehow manage not see it? Yup, that's the way I am about our shower. . . gross!)
I shouldn't have a dab of soap scum in my shower according to Google. Not sure what I mean? Well, go Google “homemade soap scum remover” and see what happens to pop up. Yup, I should know how to do this one.
(My husband says it's shocking to him that the girl who's currently ranked #1 on google for homemade soap scum remover has quite possibly the yuckiest shower floor in the world. . . oops.)
So, here's what 30 minutes spent on the bathrooms in our house looked like today:
- Mixed a batch of Homemade Soap Scum Remover and sprayed it all over our shower to soak (Dawn Dish Soap really does work best)
- Added cleaner to all the toilets and let them soak too
- Cleaned all the mirrors and sinks in the bathrooms
- Folded a load of laundry and started a new one so that the toilets and shower could soak an extra few minutes
- Scrubbed the toilets . . . bleck!
- Cleaned out the shower, including taking off the drain cover and giving it a good scrub.
Here I am when it was all done . . . happy, happy, happy! 😉
It looks like tomorrow we'll be working on the bedrooms, so stop back tomorrow night to see how it goes, and I'd love for you to join in too!
Are you working on any Spring Cleaning this month in your home? I'd love to hear if you have any cleaning tips, and you can see more about the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge over HERE.
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.