Do you have an Aldi in your area? If so, there are so many items that you can easily save on, but definitely some things you should never (ever?) purchase while you're there. Watch the video to get an idea, then read through the list and share your comments too.
Here are the 20 items you need to buy at Aldi . . .
1. Produce included in their sale ad each week. Most of Aldi's produce prices are very reasonable, but the items included in their sale ad are where you'll see the best deals. Make sure to check to the quality of the produce before purchasing (it's definitely hit or miss at some stores), but I've been pleased with most of the produce I've found at our local Aldi!
2. Bananas ($.44/lb – will vary by area)
2. Spices and seasonings ($.99)
3. Flour and sugar ($1,99), including whole wheat flour ($2.79), brown sugar ($1.29), and powdered sugar ($1.29)
4. Imitation vanilla ($1.99)
5. Minced garlic (1.99)
6. Semi Sweet Morsels ($1.59)
7. Yeast 3 pack ($.79)
8. Honey ($4.99)
9. Maraschino Cherries ($1.59)
10. Pancake Syrup ($1.59)
11. Milk ($2.29 – will vary by area)
12. Eggs ($1.49 – will vary by store)
14. Cheese (string cheese, shredded cheese – unless your local grocery store has a great sale)
15. Flour Tortillas ($1.19)
16. Fruit Gel Bowls ($1.79)
17. Chips ($1.69) & Salsa ($1.89)
18. Hazelnut Spread (aka Nutella – tastes just like the real thing, $1.99)
19. Snack Items – pretzels ($1.29), bagged chips ($1.49), Chocolate Cream Cookies (basically Oreos, $1.69)
20. Gluten Free & Organic Foods. Aldi has been adding a ton of gluten free and organic foods to their stores recently, and their prices seem very reasonable on these. If you shop for those items, it's definitely worth swinging by to check them out!
So, curious what I don't think you should buy at Aldi? Here are my top five items . . .
1. Diapers. Pampers were $24.79 for size 3 at my store or 23¢ per diaper. You can easily shop at Amazon where the same size Pampers are 16¢ per diaper when you clip the $3 off coupon in the middle of the page and choose to subscribe and save (see even better prices right now on diapers at Amazon over HERE)
2. K Cups. The Barrisimo Brand K Cups were $4.79 for a 12 pack at my store, which makes them $.39 each. Amazon sells these regularly for $.33 per K Cup, and you may find an even better deal if you wait for a sale at your local grocery store.
3. Pringles. Pringles were $1.45 at my store – you can usually find these on sale for around $1 if you wait for a sale.
4. Coca Cola 12 packs. These were $4.45 for the 12 pack, and I've frequently seen them on sale at CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid for less than $3 per pack, or get the generic store brand at Kroger, Publix or your local grocer to save even more!
5. Meat. Although I've heard so many folks questioning the safety of Aldi meat, I really believe it is just fine. However, we don't buy meat at Aldi because I consistently find better prices at my local grocery store, as well as local specialty stores like Fresh Thyme, Sprouts, and Earth Fare.
For me even the Aldi sales aren't good enough to make me switch over, so I'll keep purchasing meat at other stores. (Make sure you know what a good price is – get my free stock up price list HERE so you never pay too much!)
Looking for more posts like this? Here you go . . .
- Free Aldi, Costco & Sam's Club Price Comparison Sheet
- 16 Items You Should Be Buying on Amazon
- What To Buy at the Dollar Tree
- What To Buy at Costco
- What To Buy at Sam's Club
- The Power of $3 a Day (How $3 A Day Could Save You $45,000)
- 8 Items You Should Always Buy Generic
- How To Keep Your Flower Beds Weed Free
- 16 Easy Ways to Save $1000 On Your Next Road Trip
- 20 Items You Need To Buy at Aldi
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.