Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
As you can tell though, we’ve been keeping things pretty simple around here lately, and this was a great way to use up a few ingredients from the pantry. You could also add pepperoni, black olives, or any other toppings on top of the other ingredients, but this one worked well for us since I didn’t happen to have those on hand. I even used frozen Boca Veggie crumbles that were free forever ago (and happen to be on sale this week as well), so I was thrilled to get one more item out of the freezer! Here’s how to easily get dinner on the table at your house too . . .
- 28 oz spaghetti sauce
- 12 oz rigatoni pasta, cooked to al dente
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or ground sausage, cooked and drained
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- pepperoni (optional)
- sliced mushrooms, black olives, or onion (optional)
- Layer half of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Then add half the pasta, half the ground beef, and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Layer pepperoni, mushrooms or black olives (optional.)
- Add another layer of all the ingredients.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours.
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 4/23/14):
- Mueller’s Pasta BOGO $1.59 at Publix, use $.55/1 Muellers or $1/2 from the 4/6 Smart Source insert
- Kroger Pasta $.88
- Boca Veggie Crumbles (if you want to use them instead of ground beef) BOGO $4.08 at Publix, use $1/1 Boca product
- Publix Shredded CHeese on sale $2.50
- Bertolli Sauce BOGO $3.08 at Publix
- Classico Pasta $.99 at Kroger, use $1.50/4 Classico Sauce
- Ground Beef $2.99/lb at Kroger and Winn Dixie
- New York Frozen Bread $.26 at Publix
Curious how to cook ground beef in the slow cooker so you can just make up a big batch for recipes like this? Here you go (just leave out the taco seasonings.)
This post is linked up to Crock Pot Ladies Slow Cooker Saturday – thanks for the opportunity to link up! Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups. If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.