Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go.
With all the fantsatic prices going on right now on turkey, it’s a great time to buy an extra turkey breast and pop it in Mrs. Potts to freeze the meat for casseroles and soups this winter. My stock up price on turkey breast is $.99/lb., and since Target has it at that price this week it’s worth picking up an extra one!
Grab a big turkey for your Thanksgiving feast, as well as a smaller turkey breast to pop in your slow cooker. Then cook this easy recipe up so you’ll have oodles of pre-cooked in the freezer when you need it on a busy night.
- Bone in Turkey Breast
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 4 tbsp butter
- Rinse and pat turkey breast dry.
- Place a few pats of butter on the bottom of the turkey breast, place in slow cooker.
- Rub onion soup mix all over turkey, including under the skin.
- Cook on high for one hour, then reduce heat to low and cook another 7 hours.
- Let cool before eating, and freeze any leftovers in plastic freezer bags to use in other meals.
Looking for a few dishes to use your cooked turkey in? Here are a few of our family’s favorites . . .
- Turkey Tettrazini
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken (turkey) Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken (turkey) and Noodles
- Slow Cooked Chicken (turkey) and Dressing
- Chicken (turkey) and Dumpling Casserole
- Slow Cooked Chicken (turkey) and Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Chicken (turkey) Tortilla Soup
- White Chicken (turkey) Chili
Curious what items you can freeze to help you pinch those pennies even further? Download my free list of what items you can freeze HERE when you sign up for free PPP daily emails!
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.