I was so excited to find a 21 Day Fix recipe that also works in Mrs. Potts.
(I know, I know, that’s a little too much excitement, but cooking in Mrs. Potts makes me happy, and there aren’t all that many 21 Day Fix recipes that work well in my crockpot!)
But this one does.
And, you can cook up a ton of chicken breast like I did if you like, bake some for dinner tonight, then leave the rest in the slow cooker to cook a wee bit longer and shred it up for nachos.
If you’re 21 day fixin’, you can use the meat for Mexican lettuce wraps or taco salad. You’re welcome. 🙂
Let’s get started.
Dump your chicken in Mrs. Potts.
Pour on some taco seasoning (if you’re doing the 21 Day Fix perfectly, pick up low sodium taco seasoning – this is what I had in my pantry, so I decided to work with it!)
Pour on a jar of salsa.
Let Mrs. Potts do the cooking for about 2 hours on high. (Don’t let her cook longer than that or the meat will shred up and you won’t be able to bake it.
Once meat has cooked, transfer to baking dish.
Top with some shredded cheese.
Bake for 15 more minutes . . .
And top with a little extra salsa.
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 jar mild salsa (about 2 cups – low sugar salsa is best on 21 Day Fix)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (low sodium taco seasoning is best on 21 Day Fix)
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and pour the salsa to cover them. Cook between 1½ to 2 hours on high, don’t cook longer because it will start to fall apart.
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray or grease and carefully place the chicken in the dish. Spoon the leftover salsa/sauce (from the slow cooker) over the chicken and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until it’s nice and golden brown, and you see the sauce and cheese bubbling.
Note: I baked all 10 chicken breasts that I had, but only pulled out 4 to bake for dinner. I left the rest in Mrs. Potts to cook for another hour, then shredded it to use for tacos, nachos, and taco salads (I even froze some for a quick dinner in a pinch.) Love that!
21 Day Fix Counts
- 1 red container
- 1/2 green container
- 1 blue container for cheese (use less if you’d rather it count for less!)
Looking for more chicken recipes: