Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Of all the recipes I’ve posted here on Passionate Penny Pincher, these Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings (and of course everyone’s favorite Italian Beef) are consistently the ones people mention to me, and I notice folks searching for them almost daily on PPP. My kids love them and would happily eat them once a week if I’d make them that often!
These are just so easy, and while I love to make these homemade Chicken and Dumplings (so good too!), you can’t beat these for a busy weeknight. (You can also try out this Chicken & Dumpling Casserole . . . can you tell we like some Chicken & Dumplings around here?) 😉
If you have extra time you could make your own cream of chicken soup, and even use homemade biscuit dough. This recipe is super adaptable, and some yummy comfort food if your family loves chicken and dumplings like my bunch does. Here’s the recipe so you can get started . . .
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- 1-2 pounds chicken breast
- 2 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup (can substitute with homemade cream of chicken soup)
- 1 10 oz. can chicken broth (I use bouillon cubes)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 10 0z cans inexpensive biscuits cut in quarters
- Place chicken breast, soup, broth, water, salt, garlic powder, pepper & onion in crockpot.
- Cook on low six to seven hours.
- 1 hours before dinner time, add quartered biscuits to crockpot. (I use kitchen scissors to cut the biscuits.)
- Gently stir in biscuits so that they’re covered.
- Cook one more hours on low. Enjoy!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.