Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Earlier this week we needed dinner done in a hurry, and tried out this super easy way to make Lasagna Alfredo at home when time was just short. I forgot the spinach at the store (ack!), and took advantage of a few prepared foods to make life just a little easier. (I wish I’d had time to cook the chicken at home and make homemade Alfredo sauce, but some nights that just doesn’t happen, and I always better than heading through the drive-thru in a pinch!)
My kids loved it, my husband love it, and it made a huge pan including enough for leftovers later in the week. I promise, working to stick to our menu these last few weeks really has kept our grocery budget in check, and it’s taken so much stress off me trying to figure out what we’re having each night! (If you’d like to see this week’s menu plan and grocery list, check it out over HERE.)
(The picture’s kind of awful – it was late, and we need dinner. Just trust me that it’s much yummier than it looks!) 😉
- 16 oz package lasagna noodles
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked
- (2) 16 oz jars Alfredo sauce (or make your own from scratch)
- 4 cups mozzarella
- 2 pints ricotta
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 360 and cook lasagna noodles to al dente. Drain noodles.
- Meanwhile, mix together chicken and one jar Alfredo sauce.
- In another bowl, mix together ricotta and drained, thawed spinach. (Make sure to drain all liquid out of spinach or your lasagna will be runny.)
- In 9x13" baking dish, layer one layer of lasagna noodles.
- Then pour chicken & Alfredo mixture, and sprinkle on top with one cup Mozzarella.
- Place another layer of noodles on top of that, and spread spinach & ricotta mixture next.
- Pour 1/2 cup of remaining Alfredo sauce on top of spinach mixture, and spread out.
- Then add another cup of mozzarella over the sauce, and one more layer of noodles.
- Top with remaining Alfredo sauce, 2 cups of mozzarella, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes ~ enjoy!
Here are the best deals I see this week (as of 10/1/14)
- Barilla Pasta $1 at Kroger, use $1/2 Barilla or $.55/2 coupon from the 9/7 SmartSource insert
- Prego Pasta Sauce $1.17 at Kroger, use $1/2 coupon from the 9/7 SmartSource insert
- Ragu On Sale $1.50 at Publix (or make homemade Alfredo sauce)
- Publix Shredded Cheese $2.50 at Publix
- Sargento Cheese on sale $2.50 at Kroger
- Tyson Chicken Breasts or Tenderloins 32 oz $6 at Publix
- Green Giant Frozen Frozen Boxed Veggies $1.07 at Target, buy 10 get $5 Target gift card (also check out this scenario to get free ground beef while you’re at it)