Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells
Goodness gracious, folks, I am loving (LOVING!) having a menu plan in place again (and scheduling a grocery trip on Sunday nights!) It’s been so much easier to get dinner on the table each night, and fun to try out new recipes too because I have the menu set and grocery list made at the beginning of the week. (If you’re struggling with this, check this out, and you can also join my fall menu planning board on Pinterest!)
I wasn’t sure quite what to expect of this this recipe, but it turned out so well. It took about 15 minutes to prepare, and was a nice different take on plain old taco night. (Although, after looking through my fridge and pantry this week we’ll definitely be adding tacos to the menu next week – I’ve got to use up a few items we have on hand!) Here’s how to get dinner done in your home too on a busy night . . .
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 18 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- green onions (optional)
- black olives (optional - I forgot I had them in my pantry but they would have been great!)
- Cook pasta in boiling water, 8-10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, brown beef over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add in cream cheese, salt and chili powder, mix together and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, toss pasta in melted butter.
- Fill pasta shells with beef and place in 9"x13" pan.
- Pour taco sauce over shells, then cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, add cheese and tortilla chips on top of pasta shells, and bake an additional 15 minutes without foil.
- Remove from oven and top with green onions, sour cream, olives, and any other toppings. Enjoy!
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 8/27/14):
- Ground Beef on sale $4.49 at Publix or $2.99 at Aldi
- Or, Ground Beef on sale 15% off at Target, use $1 off $5 meat coupon when you text THANKS to 827437
- Kroger Cream Cheese and Sour Cream $1
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese $1.50/1 at Publix, use $.50/1 Philadelphia Cream Cheese recent printable (no longer available)
- Sargento Shredded Cheese $3 Buy One Get One Free at Target, use $1/2 Sargento Shredded Cheese
Looking for more yummy Mexican recipes? Try these out:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili (5 weight watcher points)
- Slow Cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup
- White Chicken Cheesy Enchilada Bake
- How to Cook Taco Meat in the Slow Cooker