Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Looking for a new way to spice up spaghetti night? While I love (love love love love love love ~ did you catch that?) my favorite recipe ever for this Heaven Sent Cheesy Baked Spaghetti, I don’t have time for fancy spaghetti every weeknight. So, this one comes in at a close second.
It was so easy to pop in Mrs. Potts in the morning, and nice to come home at the end of running kids around town to dinner already done. The best part is it makes a ton (like, L.O.T.S), so you can freeze the leftover sauce and have dinner done on another busy night. (Don’t you just love that?)
Here’s how to get dinner on the table (easily) in your home today too.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15.6 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- In skillet, heat olive oil.
- Cook and stir onions and Italian sausage until browned, then add those to the slow cooker.
- Cook ground beef in same skillet, along with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Transfer beef to slow cooker.
- Dump remaining ingredients (except the sugar) into crockpot and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Add sugar and cook an additional 15 minutes, and serve over cooked pasta.
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 10/22/14):
- Meijer Ground Beef $3.49/lb.
- Target Market Pantry Ground Beef Buy One Get One 20% off
- Publix Italian Sausage $5.79 20 oz
- Kroger Johnsonville Italian Sausage $4.99, use $1/1 Johnsonville product
- Kroger or Dollar Tree Hunt’s Tomatoes $1, use $1/4 coupon from the 9/21 SmartSource insert