Love shopping Kohl’s? You’re not alone! But there are a few things you can do to make shopping at Kohl’s even a little more fun and help you pinch a few more pennies. Here’s what you need to know before you head out the door . . .
1. Maybe (really, maybe) take advantage of the Kohl’s Credit Card.
Y’all know I am highly against credit cards, however Kohl’s cards offer some incredible perks. Kohl’s cardholders frequently get coupon codes for free shipping as well as 30% off codes, which is just higher than the rest of us.
That being said, unless you absolutely-positively-will-never-ever-never-never-never pay that credit card off at the end of the billing cycle, you absolutely-positively-never-ever-never-never should get one. In our family we just don’t do store credit cards, but I’m content with my savings without a Kohl’s card and it makes my husband less stressed. (He just doesn’t like extra bills in the mail, and the value of that is worth missing a deal or two for our family!)
If you do have a Kohl’s card, they give you the option to pay it off immediately while you’re in the store, so you can take advantage of the Kohl’s card savings and never worry about a balance. Love that!
A few things I found at Kohl’s for our patio last summer.
2. If you can, shop when they’re offering Kohl’s Cash. Here’s what you need to know:
- Kohl’s offers Kohl’s Cash at least a few times each month.
- To get Kohl’s Cash, you need to spend $48 (not $50!) before tax and after all coupons and discounts to earn Kohl’s cash.
- If you earn Kohl’s Cash online or at a store kiosk, you’ll receive your Kohl’s cash via email. If you earn it while shopping in store the Kohl’s cash will print with your receipt. Learn more HERE.
- You can earn multiple amounts of Kohls cash at at time – for example, spend $100 get $20 in Kohl’s cash, $150, get $30 in Kohl’s cash, etc.
- If there’s a rebate on an item, you’ll still earn Kohl’s cash as long as you spend $48.
- Kohl’s Cash special promotion dates are based on Central Time.
- Kohl’s Cash can be used on most items in the store, with no minimum purchase required. A few items you can’t purchase using Kohl’s cash include Kohl’s Cares merchandise or Kohl’s gift cards.
- To use Kohl’s cash online, enter the Kohl’s cash number and Pin number found on your Kohl’s cash.
3. Never (ever) buy anything at Kohl’s without a sale.
Kohl’s just about always offers a sale on every single item in the store, so I don’t think it would (ever?) be worth paying full price for anything when you’re there as they tend to overprice items and then offer sales regularly.
4. Never (ever) shop Kohl’s without a coupon code. Here are a few places to find Kohl’s codes:
- Visit Kohl’s “Today’s Deals” page for extra codes, every day.
- Go HERE to sign up for Kohl’s emails, and you’ll automatically get 15% off your next purchase.
- Sign up for Kohl’s text message alerts and save an extra 15% off your next purchase when you text SAVE07 go 56457.
- If you’re a Kohl’s cardholder and forget your coupons at checkout, ask your cashier to give you a Kohl’s scratch off coupon – you’ll automatically save up to 30% off!
5. Kohl’s allows up to 4 coupon codes per online order.
When shopping online, you can use up to four coupon codes per order. However, if you’re shopping from a phone or mobile device you’ll only be allowed to use two codes, so shop on a computer to use multiple codes. You can only use one percentage off your entire order coupon on each order.
6. Kohl’s Black Friday Sales start early (and your best deals may be online.)
Kohl’s has had some crazy Black Friday deals every year since I started blogging back in 2009, and they start well before Black Friday. Last year Kohl’s crazy deals started on November 23rd and really got into gear November 24th, which was the Monday before Thanksgiving.
Every year Kohl’s has offered a few similar items for next to nothing after Kohl’s codes, coupons and rebates. Typically this is a great time to grab an inexpensive crockpot, skillet, and waffle iron (and the skillet I bought three years ago for a few dollars is the one we use just about every week!)
7. Shop the clearance racks.
Kohl’s clearance racks offer incredible prices, and you can stack those savings with additional codes. For an example of what that would like like, head on over HERE.
8. Sign up for Kohl’s rewards program.
Sign up for Kohl’s Rewards and get a $5 Reward for every 100 points ($100) you spend. They also offer special savings including up to triple points savings from time to time, so be sure to watch for those specials. Learn more and sign up over HERE.
19. Take advantage of the Kohl’s Cares specials in the front of the store.
Kohl’s Cares program gives 100% of the net profit to charities for kids, an doffers some great prices on things you would normally pay more for. Watch for cute stuffed animals and books all for $5 when you walk in the store, or order them online. You can’t use additional promotion codes on these items.
10. Watch for Kohl’s rebates.
Kohl’s offer rebates on select items that you order online and purchase in-store. See the current complete list of Kohl’s rebate items over HERE.
11. Use the in-store kiosk to get free shipping on online purchases.
If you can’t find an item in stock at your local Kohl’s (or if the online price is better than the in-store price), shop Kohl’s using the Kohl’s kiosk. You’ll get free shipping on every order, no minimum purchase.
12. Weekend sales tend to be best at Kohl’s, typically starting each Friday.
Kohl’s typically starts a new sale on Friday, and many sales and coupon codes only run throughout the weekend. This isn’t always true, but it’s worth waiting until Friday to check the price on an item to make sure you’re getting the best Kohl’s deal.
13. Kohl’s honors competitor prices.
Kohl’s will accept competitor prices of brick and mortar stores (i.e. Walmart and Target) when you bring in the store sales ad. They do not price match online stores or Kohls.com. (If you find an item cheaper though online than you do in store at Kohl’s, use the Kohl’s kiosk to get those prices!)
Learn more about price matching at Kohl’s.
14. Don’t forget about Kohl’s Price Adjustment Policy.
If you purchase an item at Kohl’s and it goes on sale within 14 days of purchase, you’ll be refunded the difference if you hang onto your receipt. There are a few limitations to this policy ~ for example these items can not be part of a Buy One Get One Free sale. See the complete Kohl’s price adjustment policy HERE.
Check all the crazy deals at Kohl’s going on right now.
Looking for more ways to save at your favorite stores? Here you go:
- 10 Secrets You Need To Know Before Shopping Old Navy
- 14 Things You Need to Know About Shopping Amazon
- 22 Items You Need to Look for at Ikea
- 7 Secrets You Need to Know Before Shopping Michaels
- 7 Stores You Need to Shop When Decorating on a Budget
- 10 Things You Need to Know Before Shopping at TJMaxx
- 10 Money Saving Secrets You Need to Know Before Shopping at Target
- 15 Secrets You Need to Know Before Shopping at Walmart
- Can You Shop Aldi Only?
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy to learn more.