What Should You Buy at the Dollar Tree
Have you ever wondered what you should buy at the Dollar Tree, and what’s not really a deal? One dollar is often easy to spend, and it’s easy to put things in your cart without really knowing if you’re getting a good deal.
But, after you factor in the size of the item your price may not be as good as you think it is. (More and more manufacturers are making smaller sized packages to sell at the Dollar Tree, which definitely can affect your savings!) Here are a few items we feel are totally worth picking up at your Dollar Tree store.
Personal Care Items
1. Epsom Salt (1 lb) $1 Compare to $5-$6 for double the size at Kroger or Target – even after getting a smaller size this still is a great price
2. Q-Tips (250- 350 st) $1 Compare to $3-$4 in most stores
3. Pregnancy Test $1 I work at our local pregnancy test center, and have learned these are pretty accurate (and cost $10-$15 each at other stores!)
4. First Aid Products: Band Aids & Gauze – $1
Educational Resources & Office Supplies
5. Envelopes $1 These range $1-$3 at other stores
6. Post It Notes $1 Compare to $2-$3 at other stores
7. Dry Erase Markers & Sharpies $1 Compare to $2-$3 at other stores
8. Learning Books, Coloring Books and Word Searches $1 Compare to $5-$6 at other stores
9. Preschool/Kindergarten Manuscript Tablet $1
Hair Items and Other Household Items
10. Hair Wraps, Clips, Headbands & Other Hair Care Products $1 Compare to $3-$8 at other stores
11. Trash Can $1 (perfect for bedrooms or bathrooms) Compare to $3-$5 at other stores
12. Plastic Bins & Storage Containers $1 Compare to from $2-$4 at other stores
13. Sponges $1 Compare to $2-$3 at other stores
14. Vinyl Gloves – $1 Compare to $3-$5 at other stores
15. Project Display boards & Poster Boards $1 These usually are a little smaller than you’ll find at the office supply stores, but you’ll pay $1 instead of $8-$10 per board ~ if your kiddos has a class project, these work perfectly!
We’ve always purchased all of our party supplies at the Dollar Tree – they have a great selection, and the kids usually don’t care what the plates look like to begin with!
16. Gift Bags $1 Compare to $3-$5 at other stores
17. Party Invitations & Party Hats, and Decorations $1 Compare to $3-$10 at other stores
18. Party Hats $1 Compare to $3-$5 at other stores
19. Greeting Cards are only $.50 – $1 Compare to $3-$5 at other stores
Groceries are very hit and miss at the Dollar Tree, but there are a few deals to be found. Be careful when shopping for groceries at the Dollar Tree to consider the price per ounce to make sure you’re getting a good price, and don’t forget they do accept manufacturer coupons which can make for some really great deals!
20. Spices $1 Compare to $2-$6 at other stores
21. Movie Theater Candy $1 HUGE savings! 🙂 Head to the Dollar Tree before going to movies and you’ll save a whopping $4-$5 per box of candy – crazy!
22. Soymilk (Quart) $1 Compare to $3-$5 at other stores
25. Small gift ideas (see more HERE)
Go HERE to see what you should buy at Sam’s Club as well.
See more Dollar Tree deals this week over HERE.