I’m hoping to have an update next Friday with more woodwork and wallpaper in our powder room, but in the meantime thought I’d show you my quick (easy!) solution for organizing my kids’ clothes for the school year! While my older children usually pick out their outfits each day on their own, my youngest always begs for me to help, and since her room is upstairs I’m always behind getting ready for school. So, I decided this year that I’m going to set out a week’s worth of clothing over the weekend, and she’ll be all ready to go!
There are so many cute ways to do this (I love this idea and this one), but since we already had clothespins I decided to keep it simple. I’d planned on just folding the outfits in her drawers (like this), but since Reagan noticed these white hooks that haven’t been re-hung from our old laundry room, they were the perfect easy answer.
(I’m in love with the orange top in the middle that I found at Gymboree for $4.99 last week. Apparently it was left over from last year’s sales and was the only thing like it. She’s not as in love with it as I am, but I’m crossing my fingers she’ll wear it next week!)
Hopefully I’ll stay on top of this to make school mornings go a wee bit more smoothly, and it was so easy to add. I’ll let you know how we do!
And, since we were in her room anyways, I thought you might enjoy a peek of her room in our new house. (Remember her tiny room in Alabama that we just loved? She has a normal sized room now, and it really is so nice for her to have a little more space!) I haven’t done much yet to fluff it up, so she’s just enjoying some great deals we;ve picked up here and there, and while it’s far from a very Pinterested room, it’s working for her just fine right now.
Here’s what’s in her room right now (in addition to a small dresser that we’d already had):
- We ordered the bookshelf from Amazon a few weeks ago using Swagbucks. So far we’ve been very pleased with it and I would highly recommend this one!
- The bed was a hand-me-down Ethan Allen bed from my sister-in-law Yvonne, and the Pottery Barn lamp was a hand-me-down from my sister-in-law Terri. (There are benefits to having the youngest kids in the family by a few years!) I’ve had the Mary Engelbreit print for years but the frame was brass, so I spray painted it in silver while working on our breakfast nook to match the new colors in her room. I bought the bedding at TJMaxx a few weeks ago which work great for summer, but she’ll need a heavier comforter this winter (if you know of any great deals on those, I’d love to hear them as I’ve been struggling to find one!) And her monogrammed throw pillow was a baby gift for her (probably one of my all time favorite baby gifts because we still enjoy it.)
- I found the lamp for my older daughter at a consignment sale – I’d seen the same lamp new in a store priced at $50, but snagged that one for $10. Love it!
- The pink trunk that holds her American Girl treasures (all received as gifts from grandparents and aunts and uncles) was from Hobby Lobby and was also a gift. (Asking family members to give your kids great items to fluff up their rooms is such a good way to save on things they’ll actually use!)
- Goodness, my favorite deal I post each year is when American Girl puts out their special sale one time only in November or early December. We bought both the bed and American Girl doll for Reagan as Christmas gifts two years ago – definitely one of my all time favorite deals (I think they were priced at $50 – and she still loves them!)
I’d love for you to join me over on Pinterest (I love that place!) If you have a blog and have done a little fluffing in your home, I’d love to see it, so leave your link in the comments section. Also, if there’s a craft you’ve seen on a website that you’re hoping to make, feel free to share that link as well (I’m always looking for new ideas!)
See previous Friday Fluff Up projects and ideas . . . and Happy Fluffing!