Pantry Organizing {At The Dollar Tree}

• SumoMe

I’m so excited about today’s not-all-that-exciting Friday Fluff Up! But, every time I open my pantry door things are so nice and peaceful, and I’m loving that. 😉

(Clearly that wasn’t the case when I started . . .)

In our old house we had a huge set of deep cabinets as our pantry, and I couldn’t imagine we’d ever be able to fit as much in our new pantry. But, with a little organizing I was able to get even more in than I ever expected! My husband added an extra shelf way up high last weekend . . .

perfect for things like our bread machine, iced tea maker, and some of the kids crafting stuff that I like to keep in the kitchen.

We had Dollar Tree bins that I’d used in our last house to organize our play room as well as a few more I found here at our store yesterday to organize most of the items we had – goodness I love the Dollar Tree for organizing on the cheap!

I’m still using a plain cardboard magazine file that my kids brought home from school several years ago to store our pasta in (I love how easy that makes things!)

And am tickled to have a spot for school supplies close by.

But the thing I’m most excited about is there’s now room on the floor to (easily) store our donation bag. We didn’t have space before for that in our pantry, so I was constantly hauling it back to our guest bedroom closet until it was time to donate everything. I’m tickled to have an easy place to store stuff in easy reach!

Do you have any other tips on organizing your pantry? When I went yesterday our Dollar Tree had a ton of great organizing items, so this would be a great way to save if you’ve got some organizing to do too! And, if your pantry could use a little tidying, determine to tackle that over the next few weeks. I promise you’ll be so glad you did. 😉

I’d love for you to join me over on Pinterest (I love that place!)  If you have a blog and have done a little fluffing in your home, I’d love to see it, so leave your link in the comments section. Also, if there’s a craft you’ve seen on a website that you’re hoping to make, feel free to share that link as well (I’m always looking for new ideas!)

See previous Friday Fluff Up projects and ideas . . . and Happy Fluffing!

Print Friendly and PDF

Comments

1. Heidi Miller says:

I'm addicted to Dollar Tree 😀 I love to organize spice jars and small bottles in the plastic bins. Just pull out a bin and grab what you need, no more rummaging! For open shelving, try clear plastic shoe bins for spices, no more dusting all the little containers :)

2. Jennifer B. says:

Even the color (that green!) is bright and perky. Great job, Laurie!

• Thanks Jennifer! I was pretty excited when I went because I found new ones that were the same color that I’d picked up several years ago. So glad they all match! :)

3. Carrie Kozody says:

I am also addicted to dollar store organization this summer! Add a label and here ya go!

4. Megghen says:

I keep my dish rags and towels in a bin under my sink. That way I can easily grab them whenever I am washing the dishes. Love the green bins! Thanks for the article!

• Great tip Megghen on the dish towels! I’ve always had a drawer for them but don’t have a good spot in this kitchen. I’ll have to add a spot for them under the sink!

5. I'm gonna do more shopping there.

6. Carin Bauer says:

For those deep corners, I have placed a lazy susan so now there is less space wasted and I can get to things more readily!

7. Where did you get the main shelving that is in the pantry. The apartment my husband and I moved into has a great sized pantry but no shelving at all and we don’t know where to find inexpensive shelving

8. Aunt Lynnie says:

What's in the smaller bins? How did you categorize?

9. April Smith says:

Laurie, I have the tall deep cabinet pantry like you used to have. I can only put so much shelving otherwise I'm reaching my whole torso in lol. Anything you can share on how you organized those?

• You know – the ones in our kitchen weren’t that deep so I was okay (usually had a back section of stockpiled food as “storage” and the front section was things that were open boxes), but the ones in my office were DEEP. I ended up getting large storage totes and storing things in them that way, but not sure that works well for a pantry! It might be worth really pinching those pennies for awhile and seeing if you could eventually have built in drawers put in (if that’s even an option?) How deep are they? (I’m guessing mine in the pantry were 32″, but not positive, and while the bottom shelves weren’t an issue, it was hard to store stuff up high b/c I just couldn’t get in there!)