I used coupons yesteerday . . . WOOHOOOO! (I know, I know, not all that exciting for some folks, but after over a few months of not really shopping with coupons because of our move, I was more than a wee bit excited as my adrenaline started pumping at Kroger yesterday.)
The stress of shopping a new store, along with two little (helpful?) girls, was just about all I could manage yesterday. I must have counted those dad-gum Mega Sale items at least a hundred times to make sure I had multiples of six, but we finally ended up with what we needed. (Every time I’d get them sorted through, the girls would throw something extra in – does that happen to anyone else???) I’m so hoping I’ll figure out the layout of the stores here soon, because just the size of the store alone has me wanting to stick with Aldi.
(I really wish Kroger’s newer stores stayed just grocery stores instead of selling every item under the sun – they did this in our new store in Alabama as well which was just too much to wade through, so I never shopped there! The Kroger stores here even sell clothing which is just a wee bit too much for me.)
(Sorry, rant over.)
Okay, here’s what I bought:
5 boxes General Mills Cereal, $1.49 after Mega Sale
- Used $.50/1 Cheerios coupon from the 6/22 Smart Source insert, $.50/1 Lucky Charms, $1/2 General Mills Cereal, could also use $.50/1 Lucky Charms Kroger eCoupon
- Used $1/2 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks (could also use $1/2 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks from the 6/22 Smart Source insert)
- could use (2) $1/2 Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pasta but my store was out of stock)
- Used $1/1 Hellmann’s Mayo coupon from the 6/22 Smart Source insert, and $1/1 Hellmann’s Kroger eCoupon
2 large Chuck Steaks on sale Buy One Get One Free $9.71
1 Watermelon $5.39 (not the best price, but I didn’t want to have to go to another store!)
1 Tyson Grilled & Ready $4.99 after Mega Sale (I thought this was $2.49 – I would never have normally paid that much!)
1 Capri Sun $1.49 after Mega Sale
3 jars Ragu $1.19 after Mega Sale
2 Creamette Pastas $.49 after Mega Sale
1 Cheezits $1.99
- Paid $31.19 for $83 in groceries ~ not bad!
And here’s what we’re donating this week. I’m so excited because this is the first time in months that I’ve purposefully bought a few items to donate ~ which is what makes penny pinching so much fun! I haven’t yet found a local food pantry to donate to here in the Columbus (well, North of Columbus) area, so if you have any suggestions on where to donate here locally I’d sure appreciate them.