Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
I know it’s Spring and probably time to pack away Mrs. Potts along with all my favorite slow cooking soup recipes, but I’m just not quite ready yet! So, I’m clinging to every last easy meal I can eek out in the slow cooker, and absolutely loved how simple and delicious this meal was last night.
If you’ve got about 8 minutes in the morning to dump all the ingredients in your slow cooker, you’ve got one delicious dinner all done. (Have I mentioned lately how much I love that?) 😉 Here’s the recipe so you can get a (healthy!) meal on the table at all with just a few minutes of effort.
- 16 oz black beans
- 16 oz kidney beans
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 10 oz can frozen corn kernels
- 2 14.5 oz cans Rotel
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cheese (optional - for topping)
- sour cream (optional - for topping)
- tortilla chips (optional - for topping)
- Place everything except chicken, cheese and sour cream in slow cooker.
- Place chicken on top of the other ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Once cooked, shred chicken and then stir back in - let cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, chips and sour cream if desired (will count as extra Weight Watcher points) and enjoy!
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 4/2/14):
- Publix Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast on sale $2.39/lb. (stock up price for Publix!)
- Kroger Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast $1.99/lb
- Kraft Shredded Cheese $2.50 at Publix
- Ro-Tel on sale $1.35 at Publix, use Buy 2 Get 1 Free Ro-Tel coupon from the Pubilx Advantage Buy Flier
- Market Pantry Cheese $2.50 at Target, use $.75/1 Market Pantry Cheese when you text SPRING to 827438
- Publix Sour Cream $1.50
Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste and has 5 Weight Watchers points per 1 1/4 cup serving.