Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
I know that picture is just plain old pitiful, but you’ve got to trust me that this is the best ever Homemade Great American Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake you will ever bake. My son turned 14 this weekend (craziness!), and his sister was determined to bake him a cake. It had been a crazy week around here so I really didn’t have much planned (we went out to eat for his birthday), but she found this recipe, rode her bike up to Publix to grab the ingredients, and came home to bake it right up for him.
Goodness, it was good. In fact, it was so good that that big-ole’-fourteen year old even thanked his eleven-year-old sister for it more than two times, which is a pretty big compliment coming from him to her! 😉 Here’s how to get started . . .
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms (could use all chocolate chips, we just decided to use both)
- Beat butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Slowly add in flour, salt and baking soda, then mix until well blended.
- Add in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Spread into 9x13" pan.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Frost with favorite buttercream frosting if desired (I just mix together 1 stick of butter (softened), 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 cups powdered sugar, then add a few tablespoons of milk until it's at desired thickness.)