Spent $24.56, Saved $35.25 (total savings, 59%)
I’m soooooo excited to share this fun grocery trip with you all! So often I get comments on the store trips that my friend Shannon or I post sharing your frustration that many of the deals are on processed food items.
Now, I’ll be the first to admit that there are a ton of deals on processed foods, but we also save a ton on fresh fruits and veggies, cleaning supplies, household cleaners, paper products and so much more. (And I’ll be honest, every once in a while my tender-little-feelings get offended because I really do feed my kids cereal and even Sister Schubert rolls every once in a while ~ gasp. I kind of hate that folks are maybe a wee bit more judgemental about that than I would expect!)
There. I said it.
However I met Denise, a fellow (rockstar!) couponer a few years ago at our local Publix, and she does a fantastic job shopping the stores using coupons for organics. When a comment came up asking someone to show how they could coupon $20 for whole foods, she took on the challenge! Here are the coupons she used:
- $1/1 Bobs Red Mill Rolled Oats or any Bobs Mill product
- $1/1 Bobs Red Mill Rolled Oats
- $1/1 Bobs Red Mill Cereal
- $.75/1 Organic Valley Creamer
- $3/1 Sundown Vitamins Publix store coupon (expired 2/28/14)
- $1/1 Sundown Vitamins from the 1/26 Red Plum insert
- $.75/3 Larabar coupon
- $1/1 Organic Valley Cream Cheese coupon found in coupon booklet at Earth Fare (these are GREAT for organic coupons!)
- $.50/1 Stonyfield Yogurt
- $1.50/1 Huggies Wipes manufacturer coupon found in Publix Mom Savers Booklet
- $1.50/1 Huggies Wipes Publix store coupon from the Oh Baby Booklet
- (2) $7/$30 Earth Fare coupons (her store allowed her to use two – many stores won’t allow that but you can also split your trip into two different shopping trips)
The coupon blogs that Denise uses to get extra organic deals are . . .
So, there you have it! While it’s definitely more difficult to save on organic grocery items and whole foods, it is not impossible. A HUGE thanks to Denise for sharing her deals with us, and if you have a great shopping trip on organics send me an email at contact@ passionate pennypincher (leave out spaces) and I’ll share it too!
Also, if you have other tips on saving big on organics and whole foods, please leave a comment to share! You can also read this post on how to save on organics as well.