Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
My friend Shannon tried this recipe for Ravioli with Prosciutto this week, and since it matches up so well with the Publix ad we thought you all might to try it too! Let me know what you think (her hubby said it’s “Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden good”.)
- 2 lbs meat or cheese ravioli, fresh or frozen
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 oz prosciutto or bacon, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp fresh sage (use fresh sage not dried for the best flavor)
- 3 roma tomatoes, cup up
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp romano cheese
- Bring water to boil according to ravioli package directions.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- Add prosciutto or ham and cook five minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook an additional four minutes.
- Add ravioli to boiling water to cook.
- Add sage and pepper.
- Stir cream into tomato & prosciutto mixture, stir well.
- Bring to boil and lower heat to simmer.
- Add cheese and toss to coat.
Here are the best sales I see for this week (as of 2/12/14):
- Rosetto Ravioli, 19 – 25 oz on sale $2.29 at Publix
- Roma Tomatoes $.99/lb at Kroger
- Fresh Sage $1.99 at Publix or Kroger
- Ham (hopefully you have some stockpiled) if not Target has them $1.49/lb or Smithfield Bacon B2G1 at Publix
- Heavy Whipping Cream $2.99 at Kroger or Publix