I’m so incredibly excited about today’s 25 Days to a More Organized You project! My friend Cheryl from Beyer by Design has taken our family’s monthly spreadsheet and put it together in a free printable version that you can download to work on at home, which will hopefully help keep your finances a wee bit more organized in 2014 (and trust me, when your finances are organized, everything else just seems to go a little bit smoother!)
Soooo many folks have asked for this, so I hope it helps you see how our family handles our monthly budget, and encourages you to get stay on a budget in 2014 too. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- We add a small amount of money each month to our checking account just to have extra savings (usually around $50.)
- Several of the accounts included in the budget are items that we plan for monthly, and then move once a month over to our savings account (you can see what our savings account spreadsheet looks like on the last page of the PDF.)
- We take our “useable” expenses out of our checking account twice a month on my husband’s payday (this includes groceries, eating out, lunches, entertainment, etc.)
- We save all year long for “big” expenses ~ these include things like Christmas gifts, vacationing, homeowners association expenses, etc.
- On the last page of the PDF you’ll see our savings account spreadsheet which includes what money is allocated in our savings account each month towards certain long term goals. This is my FAVORITE part of the spreadsheet as we can look back and see what we’ve saved, and look forward to what’s coming in the future!
Remember this is just a look at how our family handles budgeting, and may be different than what you do however this has worked well for us. (I think my husband’s kept it up for 14 years now!) I’d love to hear how your family handles your budget, and if you have any questions, leave a comment to share ~ I hope it helps you get an idea of where to start if you’re new to budgeting!
Go HERE to print yours.
Also print these free printables while you’re at it:
- Free Grocery Stock Up Price List when you “like” PPP on Facebook
- Free Freezer Printable when you sign up for free PPP daily emails