Looking for another favorite Christmas treat to try? Don’t miss this Christmas Crack (aka Saltine Toffee Candy)
This chocolate chip pecan pie might just be my favorite pie ever. My brother-in-law makes it every Thanksgiving, and if it were up to me I’d bypass the turkey and dressing completely, and gobble down this fabulous pie first (in fact, I’ve been known to do that a time or two!)
The recipe comes from Patti’s Restaurant in Western Kentucky (also home to the famous Boo-Boo Pie, and the largest Pork Chops you’ve ever seen), so you know it’s gotta be good. In fact, it’s my go-to pie to make this time of year.
Because everyone needs a go-to pie to bake at Christmas, right? 😉
Here’s the recipe . . .
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter (it’s not as good with margarine)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 oz. package chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 inch unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix together sugar and flour. Add melted butter and blend well.
- Stir in eggs, chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake in oven for one hour or until golden brown.
- Pie will wiggle a little when done; but will continue to set as it cools. Serves 8.