My friend Cheryl was sweet enough to bring down these cookies for me to share with you earlier this week, and I’m so excited that she did! They were delicious, and a yummy different treat that I hadn’t tried before.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cans (20-ounce) cherry pie filling
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- In separate bowl, cream together cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth using electric mixer, for about two minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Put dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put graham cracker crumbs in shallow bowl.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, then cover with graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake 2" apart on baking sheets, and make a small hole in the center of each ball.
- Put 3 cherries in the center of each cookie.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional ~ sprinkle with powdered sugar, enjoy!