This has been one of those crazy-busy-drive-a-momma-crazy kind of days, but I did manage to sneak in a few pics of one of our favorite homemade treats. Facebook has been making nuts (if you’d like to see PPP on Facebook you’ll want to check this out), I broke my youngest’s Christmas handprint plate from school . . .that I literally just had gotten (a few very sweet teachers went out of their way so I’d have a full set of all of my children’s plates – of course I managed to drop it and it smashed all over the garage floor ~ still sniffling over that one), and I’m just feeling a wee bit taken over by those Christmas Crazies all over again.
I did manage to get my Christmas cards ordered, update my driver’s license, and even make a return to Walmart though. That counts for something, right? 😉
Anywhoo, here’s the recipe (after a whole lot of rambling you probably weren’t quite up for ~ sorry folks!) The good news? Even on a bad day I know deep down I’m still crazy blessed, and undoubtedly things will feel better in the morning. (Isn’t that always the case?) If you’ve had one of those crazy-busy-what-and-really-can-I-survive-til-December-25th? kind of days, hugs to you too.
- 10 oz. package Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 oz Hershey's Semi Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- Heat oven to 350 and grease 9x13 dish.
- In small bowl, place peanut butter chips and microwave for 1 minute, then stir.
- Microwave chips an additional 30 seconds or until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Cool for a few minutes.
- In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in peanut butter chips, flour and salt.
- Add in chocolate chunks and peanuts. Spread into pan (batter will be thick.)
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack and cut into squares.