Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Ever have a busy night but you just want something your kids will actually eat on the table? My kiddos love Pizza, so when I saw this idea for Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas on Pinterest I knew it was right up their alley.
I made these for six kiddos earlier this week for lunch, and they ate up every last bite. It’s quick, easy, and a great way to quickly get an easy meal done this week! Here’s how to get cooking in your home.
- 8 flour tortillas
- olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 pepperoni
- small jar pizza sauce or pasta sauce
- black olives, mushrooms, green peppers, optional
- Heat skillet to medium heat and fry pepperoni for a few minutes until it becomes crisp. Remove from pan and place on paper towel to drain.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in skillet on low-medium heat.
- Spread a thin layer of pizza or pasta sauce on tortilla.
- Add a thin layer of cheese to the tortilla.
- Add pepperoni and any other toppings.
- Top with another thin layer of cheese.
- Cover with another tortilla, and place in pre-heated skillet for about 3-4 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Carefully flip quesadilla over to cook the other side.
- Remove from heat and cut into triangles - serve with extra pizza sauce. Enjoy!
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 11/13/13):
- Kroger Azteca Flour Tortillas $.79
- Kroger Classico Pasta Sauce $1.79, use $1/3 Classico coupon
- Target Market Pantry Shredded Cheese 8 oz $2.25
- Publix Kraft Shredded Cheese 8 oz $2