Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Oh my stars, folks . . . my little family ate well last night. Because I wanted to get a few recipe posts up to share with you all, we feasted on Broccoli Cheese Casserole, this Corn Casserole, Homemade Yeast Rolls (recipe in a bit), Mac & Cheese and Salads (I figured I need to throw something healthy in there ~ right?) My kids and hubby were so happy ~ we might just have to have Thanksgiving Side Dish Dinner once every week or two around here.
I’m telling you what, we suffer for you guys.
Here’s how to get started on the easiest ever recipe I’ve found for Corn Casserole. Let me know what you think.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package corn bread mix (8.5 oz)
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients, pour into lightly greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 11/20/13):
- Breakstone’s Sour Cream $.95 at Publix, use $1/1 coupon from the 11/10 Smart Source insert
- Del Monte Vegetables $.64 at Publix, use $.50/4 Del Monte Vegetables from the 11/3 Smart Source insert
- Kroger Vegetables on sale $.50
- Kroger Sour Cream $1
- Del Monte Vegetables $.65 at Target, use $.50/4 Del Monte Vegetables from the 11/3 Smart Source insert
Looking for more recipe ideas for Thanksgiving? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Alternative Green Bean Casserole (no cream soup)
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Southern Living Chunky Apple Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie