Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Oh my stars, folks . . . my little family ate well last night. Because I wanted to get a few recipe posts up to share with you all, we feasted on Broccoli Cheese Casserole, this Corn Casserole, Homemade Yeast Rolls (recipe in a bit), Mac & Cheese and Salads (I figured I need to throw something healthy in there ~ right?) My kids and hubby were so happy ~ we might just have to have Thanksgiving Side Dish Dinner once every week or two around here.
I’m telling you what, we suffer for you guys. 😉
Here’s how to get started on the easiest ever recipe I’ve found for Corn Casserole. Let me know what you think.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package corn bread mix (8.5 oz)
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients, pour into lightly greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 11/20/13):
- Breakstone’s Sour Cream $.95 at Publix, use $1/1 coupon from the 11/10 Smart Source insert
- Del Monte Vegetables $.64 at Publix, use $.50/4 Del Monte Vegetables from the 11/3 Smart Source insert
- Kroger Vegetables on sale $.50
- Kroger Sour Cream $1
- Del Monte Vegetables $.65 at Target, use $.50/4 Del Monte Vegetables from the 11/3 Smart Source insert
Looking for more recipe ideas for Thanksgiving? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Alternative Green Bean Casserole (no cream soup)
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Southern Living Chunky Apple Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie