I’ve received dozens of emails asking for more information on how to use coupons at Target, so I decided it might be helpful for you to have a quick (?) handy tutorial! Target promotions do vary a bit by area, but they’re generally pretty similar nationwide so hopefully the deals and the Target updates you find here on PPP will work at your local store.
Here are the top ways to use coupons at Target:
Mobile coupons. Target offers various coupons when you text a certain word to the number 827438. These are all store coupons, and can be used in conjunction with manufacturer coupons to get great savings. Often Target includes coupons like $1 off vegetables, $1 off fruit or even $1 off meat, so this is a great way to save on items you usually can’t find deals on. A few current offers are when you text the words FRESH or UPUP to the number 827438 (as of 10/15/13.)
Target store printable coupons. There are dozens of Target store printable coupons available to print on their website. These are typically store coupons, however occasionally you can find a manufacturer coupon on that site that can be used at any store. If the coupon says “$1 off when you buy” it will most likely be a manufacturer coupon, however if it says” $1 off (the item)”, it should be a Target store coupon.
- Occasionally you’ll find Target coupons in the Sunday paper. This varies alot by area, but be on the lookout as they generally offer some high value coupons.
- Target sometimes sends out home mailers to specific zip codes. You can also request their free samples when they offer them which might help get you on the mailing list, or register your phone for coupon alerts.
- Also, if you’re expecting or getting married soon, be sure to sign up for their gift registry as that’s another way to get targeted coupons mailed out to you!
- Occasionally Target offers coupons via the Shopkick app as well. You can redeem these directly in the store using the app on your phone.
- If you sign up for a Target Redcard, you’ll automatically save 5% off your Target purchases. What I like about this is it’s tied directly to your checking account, so it’s not used the way a traditional credit card is. Learn more HERE.
- Get $.05 off your order for each bag when you bring your own bags to carry your groceries home in.
- Watch for markdowns. While I think Target can be a little pricey at times, they offer some fantastic clearance deals, especially on their endcaps. Watch the ends of the aisles and see what you find!
- Don’t forget that Target offers great gift card deals each week, and you can even roll those gift card deals to do more of a similar deal. For example, if you purchase one item that gives you a gift card at Target, you can use that gift card to score more of the same deals ~ love that!
Love shopping Target? Here are more saving secrets you don’t want to miss.