Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Last week after posting this taco meat in the slow cooker, a PPP reader asked for a recipe for chicken tacos like Moe’s Southwest Grill, but I haven’t eaten there before so I wasn’t sure where to start! Another reader commented that she thinks this recipe is just like Moe’s, and since it was so easy, I decided to give it a try.
I have no idea if you’ll think they’re like Moe’s (you’ll have to let me know!), but it was such a simple recipe and really delicious ~ a great way to get easily get dinner on the table! I used a bunch of ingredients from my stockpile which always saves some moo-lah, and my family loved our bargain taco night. Here’s how to get dinner cooking in your home too. . .
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- taco seasoning packet
- Place chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Pour salsa over chicken.
- Cook on low, 5-7 hours.
- Shred up meat and add serve in tacos, along with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and shredded cheese.
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 10/30/13):
- Publix Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins, 32 oz – $6.59, use $1.50/2 Market Pantry Frozen Chicken Items (Target Coupon) – Target.com – (exp. 11/10/13)
- Target Market Pantry Frozen Chicken Breast 38 oz. $7.99, text FRESH to 827438 to save $1
- Kroger Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast $1.99/lb.
- Kroger Sour Cream $1
- Wholly Salsa $1.50 at Kroger
- Tostitos Salsa $2.50 at Publix
- Ortego Taco Seasoning $.62 at Target, use $1/2 Ortega coupon
- Ortego Tacos $1.35 at Target, use use $1/2 Ortega coupon
- Tomatoes $1.99/lb. at Publix