Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
I’ve never made London broil in the slow cooker (we’ve only grilled it a few times), but when I saw Publix had them on sale I knew I had to see if there was any easy way to cook it. After reading through the comments HERE, I couldn’t wait to try out this recipe, and oh my goodness I’m so glad I did!
My family loved it (seriously, loved it). And I loved it because it took precisely three minutes to prepare everything except the potatoes. It works out great with the London Broil sale at Publix this week and Aldi’s great price on potatoes, so go ahead and pull Mrs. Potts out and let her do the cooking for you!
- 1 packet brown gravy
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 packet italian dressing
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 London broil (2-3 lbs.)
- Place London broil in slow cooker.
- Add seasoning packets and slightly rub them into the meat.
- Pour water around the meat in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and use the juices as the gravy.
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 9/11/13):
- London Broil $3.99/lb at Publix
- Potatoes 5 lb. bag $1.49 at Aldi
- Save on the dry mixes by making them up at home ~ I use this one for Ranch Mix, but was in a hurry and didn’t have any left! You can also try this one for the Italian Dressing.