Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go! Also enter to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card
Have I mentioned lately I love Mrs. Potts? I don’t know about you, but our afternoon schedule this fall is about to make me bonkers, and if it weren’t for her doing the cooking at least one night a week I’m pretty sure we’d rarely manage a real meal around here. Thankfully all I have to do is throw in the ingredients in the morning, and she finishes up the work for me throughout the day!
When a friend of mine shared this Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli Soup recipe with me, I couldn’t wait to try it. It makes a ton of soup (seriously ~ my large crockpot was filled to the brim last night), so you can easily make a batch up now, enjoy leftovers later this week, and still have some to pop in your freezer for another busy night. (Success!)
(And, if you really want to treat your family, try out these Olive Garden Breadsticks too. My daughter Reagan is just about to lose her first baby tooth ~ I know I’ll be glad to have this picture of that wiggly bottom tooth one of these days!)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 (10 oz) cans beef stock
- 3 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp pepper
- 5 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce optional ~ we left this out)
- 1 20 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz pasta
- Brown ground beef.
- Drain fat from beef and add to the slow cooker with everything except the pasta.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- Add pasta and cook an additional 30 minutes on high or 45 minutes on low.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese (we love the DiGiorno brand) and enjoy!
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 9/4/13):
- Mueller’s Pasta BOGO $1.59 at Publix, use $1/2 Mueller’s Pasta
- Kraft Grated Cheese BOGO $3.60 at Publix
- Del Monte Tomatoes BOGO $3.50 at Publix
- Publix Ground Round $3.99/lb.
- Swanson Broth On Sale $2 at Publix
- Ragu Pasta Sauce $1.50 at Publix, use $1/2 Ragu Pasta coupon from the Best Meals Happen At Home insert
- Celery $1 at Kroger
- Carrots $1 at Kroger
- Ground Chuck 80% in 5 lb. roll $13.45 at Kroger
- Prego Pasta Sauce $1.67 at Kroger
Recipe adapted from Food.com. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups. If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE. This post is linked up to Thrifty Thursday at Living Well Spending Less. Thanks for the opportunity to link up!