I’m so excited about this little trick I learned today! I’ve had a stain on my (otherwise pretty clean) carpet for at least two years, and every single time I vacuum I wish I could come up with a way to get rid of it. So today I (*finally*) did a little research, and found a homemade cleaner that worked just perfectly. Now, I have no idea what the stain was (it’s been there for a long time), but this took whatever it was right out. Here’s how to try it out if you’ve got a stain that’s making your crazy too:
- Mix together equal parts white vinegar and 3% hydrogen peroxide (I used 2 tablespoonfuls of each)
- Spray or dab vinegar & peroxide into carpet and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently blot with a clean dry cloth ~ all done!
Be sure to test the mixture on a small hidden area of carpet that won’t be seen prior to using, as I’ve heard peroxide can bleach out color on carpet. (Since mine is a light color, this wasn’t a problem, but I definitely don’t want that happening to you!) I’d love to know what other tips you have for removing stains from carpet, and let me know if it works for you.
Looking for more penny pinched cleaning ideas? Here are my favorites:
- Homemade Soap Scum Remover
- Homemade Window Cleaner
- How to Clean a Dry Erase Board
- Homemade Heating Pad