Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Have you started planning side dishes for the 4th of July yet? This Sweet & Savory Broccoli Salad is perfect to add, as you can make it ahead of time and it will be all ready to go before the fireworks begin. And, since both Publix & Kroger (my two most frequented stores) both have bacon and mayonnaise on sale this week, it’s a good time to stock up.
- 2 heads fresh broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked & chopped finely
- 1/4 cup almonds or toasted pecans (optional)
- Chop broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- Mix together broccoli, raisins, red onion and bacon.
- In separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar.
- Mix together mayonnaise mixture and broccoli mixture.
- Chill and serve.
Here are the sales you’ll want to watch for this week (week of 6/2613):
- $1/1 Hellmann’s Product, exp. 7/21/13 (RP 06/23/13)
- Oscar Mayer Bacon, Select Varieties 12 to 16 oz $3.50 (ends tonight, 6/26/13!)
- Hellman’s Mayonnaise, 48 oz, $5.19 at Kroger in Mega Sale, use $1/1 Hellmann’s Product, any 22 oz or larger (Maximum of 2 identical coupons allowed in same shopping trip) – 06-23-13 RP Insert (exp 7/21/2013)
Find more great salad recipes in this Salads: Beyond the Bowl Cookbook, or get this highly rated Ultimate Summer Cookbook for just $.99 on your Kindle! You can also check out my Summer Pinterest board for more fun 4th of July ideas.