I’m joining Money Saving Mom’s 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge, and today spent a few minutes tackling the few windows that I didn’t have time to clean last week when getting ready for Easter company. I also did a super quick cleanup of the family room and kitchen, as I’m getting ready for my daughter’s birthday Tea Party this weekend and needed to get a bit cleaned up.
The new window cleaner I tried out is the best ever, and although I’ve used this homemade window cleaner for years, I’m pretty sure I’ll never go back. (My windows look amazing!) Here’s what I used:
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1 tsp. corn starch (I know, I know ~ it sounds so strange but it works!)
- Recycled newspaper instead of rags for cleaning
- Spray Bottle (I just used an old one I already had on hand)
- Mix together all ingredients and pour into bottle
- Label bottle and give it a good shake – then be sure to shake it occasionally to keep the corn starch from settling
- Spray windows like you would using commercial cleaners, and use newspapers to wipe down
I still don’t know why the corn starch works, but I promise it does. he corn starch works, but it really does. Next week we’ll start off with be start off with vacuuming (I’m pretty sure I’ll do that one before the party), so stop back and see how it goes, and I’d love for you to join in too!
Are you working on any Spring Cleaning this month in your home? I’d love to hear if you have any cleaning tips, and you can see more about the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge overHERE.