Five Minute Challenge: The Socks.

Anyone else need to work on a little laundry this week with me? After ironing yesterday, tonight I (ahem) my sweet twelve year old is tackling the socks, and my husband is even folding laundry while I catch up on a few deals. Here’s how those socks looked when I dropped them off with the boys . . .

Do you have a few mismatched socks that need some attention? Set your timer for at least five minutes and get to work!  You also might want to check out this smart idea if you have a house full of socks . . .

When you comment on any of this week’s five minute challenge posts, you’ll be entered to win a $10 Amazon Gift Card. (I’ll pick one lucky winner each Friday night.)  So, hurry and get to work for just five minutes, then come back here and let me know how it went!

Do you know an unique cleaning tips? I’d love to hear them! Leave a comment to share those too . . . I’m always looking for new ideas. See previous five minute challenges.

Comments

1. Jennifer G. says:

Ah, the ole socks. I have a rule that once a sock gets a hole, it goes in the trash. That leaves a lot of abandoned partners out there! But since I always buy the same socks, it evens itself out eventually! However, I always have a sock bag with lone socks awaiting a match!

2. Amy L says:

That’s a great idea. Any old socks that are getting worn I save and keep as rags for dusting and what not. I make sure to mark them too with an “X” sometimes if they aren’t holey so I don’t put them back with the good socks!

3. Julie says:

Working on laundry and socks right now! :)

4. Joy M says:

We have used the tip, and it does help speed up the process. I’m trying to get my engineering husband and his buddy to come up with a sock-folding robot; but I guess it’s trickier than it sounds. So my new favorite thing (besides getting the kids to do the job) is to fold while watching a Netflix..

:) Joy! My engineering son came up with the idea to create a “laundry mover” last year for a school project…. he figured it was something people would actually pay for! It does seem that if we can put a man on the moon somehow we should be capable of some kind of a sock-folding robot….. :)

Good job everyone!

5. P.L. says:

I tackled the sock drawer yesterday, I don’t think I’m emotionally equipped to deal with it again! lol

6. Crystal says:

I have too many unmatched. I think my drawer ate them!

7. Sherri says:

No socks neefing folding. Woohhoo :)

8. Nikki says:

Done! I am usually always up on matching socks, but I do have a little place by my laundry for when I get an unmatched one, and when I do laundry again I hope to find match. Somehow it builds up over time though and eventually I throw them out if it’s been several loads and no partner turns up.

9. lindy says:

This is too funny. I was going to tackle my sock drawer as my five minute challenge this week. As a fitness instructor I go through lots of socks. I try to buy multiples of the same brand so that if the washer/dryer eats one, i have a match. it all even outs in the wash, haha.
    I also put the toddler socks into a little ball after taking them off the kids so that , again, they don’t get lost… they are so little!
    Love you blog always and learn from all the comments. =)

10. Mine are all taken care of.

11. Christy says:

Sock load is going in next!

12. Cheryl says:

Hey, I just did this on Mon! woo hoo! Wait, do you have a hidden camera in my house? ;)

13. Shannon says:

Not too bad I only had a few

14. Jennifer says:

One of the easier challenges ;)

15. a few years ago I got tired of baskets full of mismatched socks. I had long wondered about the ones that were missing and why sometimes the mismatched ones ended up back with there mates. I decide to try an idea a friend of mine had. I threw themall back in the wash and matched them at the dryer. I had fewer than before mismatched. Hmmmm! I threw the mismatched ones back in the hamper and low and behold I kept getting fewer and fewer singles. Now I have fewer than 10 socks without a partner at any one time. Wonder what they do down in laundry land :)