Five Minute Challenge: The Kids Bedroom

Did you work on your five minute (ahem . . .forty five minute . . . ) challenge yesterday? Well besides cleaning out the clothes yesterday, I also tidied up my daughter’s (disastrous-and-very-tiny) room, and it’s amazing what a few minutes spent picking up can do. Here are the before and after pics.

Seriously, why do I share this stuff?

Before

After

Because her room is so small, it’s an absolute mess when her bed doesn’t get made (she’s learning how to make that bed, but at five she still hasn’t perfected it!)   There was definitely some other work to finish up there as well, but keeping those beds made is such an improvement.

Your turn now! Take five (or fifteen, or even forty five) minutes and tidy up a room in your home that’s gotten out of hand. It will feel so much better when you’re done, and if you’re like me, you might just be able to find your kids clothes int he morning!

Don’t forget that when you comment on any of this week’s five minute challenge posts, you’ll be entered to win a $10 Amazon Gift Card. (I’ll pick one lucky winner each Friday night.)  So, hurry and get to work for just five minutes, then come back here and let me know how it went!

If you’d like to see more pictures of my Sweet Reagan’s room and how we frugally decorated it, go HERE.  When it’s clean, I love that place!

Do you know an unique cleaning tips? I’d love to hear them! Leave a comment to share those too . . . I’m always looking for new ideas. See previous five minute challenges.

Comments

1. Summer says:

My 4 year old daughter and I saved spare change for a couple weeks to purchase a large colorful round bin from Lowes to hold her many, many dolls and all the accessories. She learned a little about saving, picked out her favorite color bin, and now she looks forward to putting away her dolls. During playtime she also plays with the bin itself; hiding under it, pretending to take a bath in it, etc. One of the best purchases I have made in awhile.

2. Trisha says:

What a difference a few minutes can make. Looks like I need to go see what my kiddos room looks like!

3. I go upstairs in my sons room every nght and get everything that is in the floor hung up or take downstairs to wash. I can only stand for it to be all messed up for very long . I have to keep it a little under control.. Thanks

4. Jessica says:

Five minutes in my own room tonight made a big difference! Sometimes it only take a few minutes to make something look so much better! Thanks for the reminder.

5. Brenda says:

I found some small plastic drawers on clearance at Target. It took about 15 minutes to get them set up under my computer monitor and to put the clutter neatly into the drawers. |
    What a difference!
    Even my boyfriend commented on what a difference it made in making my “desk” (kitchen/dining room counter top) look so much better. And, as a plus, I can find what I need instead of having to move stuff around to find what is buried. :)

6. Wendy N says:

I so agree, a made bed does wonders to make a room look neater.
    Now I’m doing a 10 minute fluff up of the unfolded laundry on my “made” bed!

7. Kaye says:

I took 15 minutes to put up the over flowing basket of laundry. It didn’t seem like much, but it made me feel so much better!

8. Sherri says:

Love her sweet bedroom. My girls are teens. Had them fluff thier own rooms. Mine, thankfuly is fluffed.

9. lindy says:

Thanks for challenging us to make a difference in 5 minutes . It works!!!!!
    I tightened up my “car office”, a bin I keep on the passenger seat to hold my purse, sunglasses, coupon books, little trash bag, cell phone, etc. Everything stays contained in the bin rather than sliding all about or falling under the seat. It can get quite messy even after a week, plus I sometimes forget coupon offers I’ve put in there.
    Love you blog.

10. Amy Milne says:

It’s amazing what a few (or thirty) minutes will do to a room. My bedroom seems to be the catch for the rest of the house. Now, I’m spending a few minutes a day going through it. My husband is going to be impressed when he gets home at the end of the week. He’s not going to recognize it :)

11. I don’t have kids’ rooms to tidy, but I did have a messy kitchen last night, so I tackled that. It feels so good to have a clean sink and counter!

12. Cheryl says:

Tidied up my daughter’s dresser drawers-they were bulging with clothes and half open. Looks so much better!

13. Shannon says:

I tackled the family room, it always gets overrun with toys

14. Jennifer says:

All done :)

15. Crystal says:

I worked on my craft room-office. It took a little longer than 5 minutes, but it’s so much more welcoming now!