Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic
- sesame seeds (optional ~ we didn't have any so I left them out!)
- Place chicken in slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix next seven ingredients in medium bowl and then pour over chicken.
- Cook 3-4 hours on low or 1 1/2 hours on high.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and cut into pieces.
- Meanwhile, mix 4 teaspoons cornstarch in 6 teaspoons water, then pour into crockpot.
- Replace lid and cook sauce an additional ten minutes on high to thicken juices.
- Return chicken to pot to let it soak up the juices and warm. Sprinkle sesame seeds if desired.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes to add to your menu plan this week? Here you go . . .
- Day 1: Slow Cooker Meat Loaf
- Day 2: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Day 3: Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Day 4: Slow Cooker Ham
- Day 5: Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodle Soup
- Day 6: Slow Cooker Mug Brownies
- Day 7 : Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Day 8 Slow Cooker Ham & Cheese Melts
- Day 9: Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
- Day 10: Slow Cooker Monkey Bread
- Day 11: Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- Day 12: BEST Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Day 13: Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- Day 14: Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Day 15: Slow Cooker Cream Italian Beef Sliders
- Day 16: Slow Cooker Ravioli
- Day 17: Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
- Day 18: Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Day 19: Slow Cooker Chicken Ro-Tel Dip
- Day 20: Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Day 21: Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
- Day 22: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Originally adapted from Baby Center.