Ready for another slow cooker recipe? If you’d like ribs this weekend but it’s too cold out to grill, these are a simple way to make them without lighting up the grill. So good, and you only need five ingredients . . . woot!
I think I’ve finally figured out ribs in the slow cooker (WOOHOO!) After reading through a few suggestions on how to cook ribs in the crockpot, I made these today and they were perfect. And EASY. What more could a girl ask for?
Here’s the trick: do NOT just put the ribs in the slow cooker. (I know, I know . . . that takes a little of the fun out of slow cooking, but I promise spending a few minutes to prepare those ribs in the morning will reward you with some fall-apart-heavenly ribs!) Allow just thirty minutes in the morning to pre-bake them in the oven, and then let your slow cooker to the rest of the cooking for you. These were so good that my husband declared them better than Logan’s Roadhouse, and liked them as much as our favorite rib recipe for the grill.
Yup, I was a rockstar at our house tonight. Here’s the recipe if you want to be a rockstar too. . . 😉
- Garlic Salt
- Barbecue Sauce (we used Sweet Baby Rays)
- 3-4 lbs. Pork Long Country Style Ribs, or Pork Sirloin Chops
- Season ribs with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Bake at 350 in oven for 15 minutes, then turn ribs over and bake another 15 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to slow cooker (you may need to cut them to fit into Mrs. Potts!) :)
- Pour bottle of barbecue sauce over top of the ribs.
- Cook for 6-7 hours on low.
- Serve along with extra barbecue sauce (optional).
Looking for more slow cooker recipes to add to your menu plan this week? Here you go . . .
- Day 1: Slow Cooker Meat Loaf
- Day 2: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Day 3: Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Day 4: Slow Cooker Ham
- Day 5: Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodle Soup
- Day 6: Slow Cooker Mug Brownies
- Day 7 : Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Day 8 Slow Cooker Ham & Cheese Melts
- Day 9: Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
- Day 10: Slow Cooker Monkey Bread
- Day 11: Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- Day 12: BEST Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Day 13: Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- Day 14: Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Day 15: Slow Cooker Cream Italian Beef Sliders
- Day 16: Slow Cooker Ravioli
- Day 17: Slow Cooker Italian Chicken