I received an email from Ms. Lucy, a sweet lady (and fellow penny pincher!) from my husband’s hometown church that has known him for. ..ever? asking how to print coupons, as well as what all the best coupon sites were for online printable coupons. So, rather than just sharing the information with her, I thought I’d do a post sharing information with any other readers struggling with how to use online coupons!
This will be pretty basic (hard core couponers, just skip on past this post to the deals. . .) but hopefully it will help a few folks out there. And, if you have any tips on how to print coupons successfully, I’d love to hear them! Here are a few basic tips to get you started:
- I have had the most success printing coupons from the Google Chrome browser. If you have Internet Explorer (most computers are automatically set up with that), you can get a free version of Google Chrome HERE to download to your computer. It takes a few minutes to download Chrome (some people also like Mozilla), and has worked better for me than Internet Explorer.
- There are several main coupon sites to choose from. The ones that I use on a daily basis are Coupons.com, Red Plum, Smart Source and Coupon Network.
- Most coupon sites have a software program which you’ll have to download to your computer prior to printing coupons. The program that you install for printing coupons the first time at Coupons.com will be the one the majority of the sites will use, although there are separate programs for Red Plum, Smart Source and Coupon Network. The first time that you try to print a coupon at these sites, you will be asked if you want to download the software program, so choose to load it to your computer and it should prompt you until you get access to the coupons.
- To access coupons at Coupons.com, you’ll want to start by clicking HERE. Once there, select any coupons that you would like to print (they usually have hundreds to choose from!) You can sort the coupons by clicking the “More” button at the top of the page. Then you options will look like this.
Next, you’ll want to choose which coupons you’d like. To add a coupon to your “cart” just click on the coupon. ..
Once you’ve chosen all the coupons you want to print, look back at the top part of the page where you’ll see a “print coupons” button in red. Click that to access and print your coupons.
After a few seconds, you’ll see that your coupons have printed. Then, if you’d like to print a second set of those coupons, do the following:
- Click your “back” button in the top right hand corner of the screen (shown above on the left side)
- If it doesn’t automatically start re-printing your coupons, click “refresh” (the arrow on the right) and then allow it to “retry” when the pop up on your screen prompts you.
So, there you have it! When printing coupons, typically three coupons print per page, so try to print in groups of three so that you get the most out of your copy paper.
New to using coupons? Start HERE.